Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Diablo Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Diablo Tuner

Hey all, just curious. I borrowed a Diablo Tuner from a friend and installed it on my 12 F-150 w/5.0. I installed the 93 octane performance tune and took it for a run. First off, it seemed to have a little more hp...it did bark the tires on the shift into 2nd...it's never done that before. The trans shifts are firmer but not aggressive. Throttle response still seems the same as with the shift patterns...just more firm at the shift points but it seems to have not changed when it shifts. With this thing being $599 on most sites, I just don't see the "bang for buck" value in this tuner. Has anyone out there switched from the Diablo to the SCT? If so...how dramatic was the difference? Just trying to decide if the whole tuner mod is worth the $$. I guess I was just expecting a bit more performance than this. I guess I was expecting more felt hp...you know, the butt Dyno. Just didn't seem to be much different from stock? Any input would be greatly appreciated...still on the fence about tuners.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

My opinion is that the stock tranny tune is to slow and to soft. That alone makes it worth it to me to have a tune. Power is a added bonus, I'm not sure how much power the Diablo makes or what else they adjust. Was it a off the shelf tune or custom?

Being as the SCT is cheaper and a lot more tuners support SCT over the Diablo I'd go with a custom 93 SCT tune.

Wayne
Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, it was just the canned tune that was stored in the tuner...nothing custom.

Quick Reply: Diablo Tuner