Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

CEL Evap Problem unresolved. Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CEL Evap Problem unresolved. Need Help

My 2011 Ecoboost has thrown two check engine codes saying the purge valve system is only operating "intermittenly" while boosting. My dealer replaced the system after the first warning as suggested by Ford engineers. (which includes the tube assembly, charcoal canister and sensor) It is now back in the shop for a second time for the same exact tproblem. I am extremely unhappy and this is day#8 in the shop after 6 weeks of ownership. I only have 1600 miles on the rig! The dealer is now telling me that I must be topping off my tank which is filling the charcoal canister with fuel causing the problem. I keep trying to tell them I am the only one that has put fuel in the truck and only fill it till it kicks off- NEVER topping off the tank. (Which is BS "fix" anyway- you telling me at some point in the trucks life the tank will never get topped off? I doubt it- this is not an acceptable answer) Is anyone else having the same issue with thier rig? At this point in time I am so dissapointed with this truck I just want my money back and move on.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Eco-5.0-Eco again

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It's one of those problems that's hard to pin point...I would just say be patient, they have to fix it since it is an emissions related problem. I've fixed quite a few vehicles with the evap / purge code and it's usually a bad solenoid in the system or a small leak. It could be as simple as a seal with the gas tank...Ford did have some problems with the capless gas filler tube. There was another poster who had a similar issue and it was a blocked hose near a solenoid.

So try and be patient, the evap / purge system malfunctioning doesn't hurt anything on your truck.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Received 368 Likes on 286 Posts

Default Two clicks more

(Which is BS "fix" anyway- you telling me at some point in the trucks life the tank will never get topped off? I doubt it- this is not an acceptable answer).

Always give mine two clicks more....and drive or park slightly up in front. Never have a problem so agree with your BS call.

I think you'll have a great truck once the techs get it figured out. Hopefully soon!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Figured I'd throw in an update on my eco lemon. It would appear that they have now identified an updated part for the purge canister valve. The bad news is that its back ordered several weeks! Has anyone heard or seen of this? The SM I have been dealing with mentioned a "D99" part number revision. Any tech's out there with more info? The GM doesnt want to take one off a new truck so it looks like I get to sit and wait for a few weeks. Anyone have any advise at this point other than wait? They gave me a REALLY nice Kia for a rental. Awesomeness. My frustration continues to mount....

Quick Reply: CEL Evap Problem unresolved. Need Help