Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Folding/retractable Bed Cover for 2013 F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Folding/retractable Bed Cover for 2013 F150

I've read a number of forum posts about this but still haven't been able to make a decision--hoping making a post specifically for myself will bring more resolve to the situation.

I have a 2013 F150 with 6.5' bed and looking for a foldable or retractable bed cover that would

1.) Be suitable for storing luggage for vacation driving (mostly water/heavy rain repellant with reliable seals)

2.) Preferably not screwed in. I kind of like the Peregon but really not comfortable drilling holes in the body and also afraid of the structural integrity of the rails if laying something heavy (maybe a pallet) against them.Also not certain about water tightness.

3.) Strong, reliable, etc etc

4.)
Old 08-20-2016, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have the BakFlip G2 on our 2013 F150... We like it. When the tailgate is locked so is the topper....not saying a thief couldn't get into it if they really wanted too but it will keep most people out.
https://www.amazon.com/BAK-26309-Bak...akflip+g2+ford
Old 08-21-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whanner
We have the BakFlip G2 on our 2013 F150... We like it. When the tailgate is locked so is the topper....not saying a thief couldn't get into it if they really wanted too but it will keep most people out.
https://www.amazon.com/BAK-26309-Bak...akflip+g2+ford
Looking through the various BakFlip products, why the G2 over some of the others?

Need to be able to put 4x8 sheets of plywood, sheets of drywall, etc in the bed, which means leaning them up against the rails - which of the tonneaus have the sturdiest rail sections?

Also anyone price the Leer or Snugtop canopies? All I get (on-line) is a referral to my local installer.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:47 PM
2014 XLT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my Extang Solidfold. Watertight and secure.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:53 AM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

I have only heard good things about the Peragon.
The following users liked this post:
peragon (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 11:18 PM
Retractable Bed Cover

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by scottsauer84
2.) Preferably not screwed in. I kind of like the Peregon but really not comfortable drilling holes in the body and also afraid of the structural integrity of the rails if laying something heavy (maybe a pallet) against them.Also not certain about water tightness.
I'm glad to hear a Peragon truck bed cover is on your radar!

We aren't actively promoting it on our website yet, but we are excited to announce that we have a new Clamp Kit option available for the F-150! https://www.f150forum.com/f7/paragon...option-349587/

Our extruded aluminum guide rails are fairly robust, leaning something like a pallet against them wouldn't do structural damage, but could scratch the finish. Pro Tip: if you're familiar with the black foam pipe insulation that is slit down one side, you can pop that over the inside edge of your Peragon rails to protect them when hauling demolition debris, pallets, etc.

The Peragon cover is not waterproof, but does shed the vast majority of the water. You'll get some drips along the edges and in the corners of the bed. Most of our customers find the level of water tightness meets their needs and is an acceptable trade-off for the cargo flexibility our retractable design allows. We recommend using Rubbermaid-style totes for keeping sensitive gear like tools or electronics bone dry, clean and organized.

If I can answer any more questions about our product, please let me know!
Old 08-30-2016, 09:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Extang Encore, very solidly built, easy to remove and opens from either front or back, been running it for about two years now with no problems!

Last edited by Spyderwebb; 08-30-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm very happy with the Peragon cover. I installed with the clamps, so no drilling.
The locking mechanism is secure. The cover opens and closes smoothly. The weather stripping seems to do a great job so far with keeping the inside dry.
The cover gets HOT in the sun. It's black aluminum so have something on hand to retract it like gloves or a rag. I haul lumber, cabinet grade plywood, and tools. If you're going to have a large stack of supplies, you may run into clearance issues at the head of the bed when retracting the cover. Other than that, I think it's one of the better covers on the market for the price.
The following users liked this post:
peragon (09-04-2016)

Quick Reply: Folding/retractable Bed Cover for 2013 F150