Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

strut question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 03:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default strut question

i bought my lowering kit like 3 months ago and its killing me its not on yet. i havnt had a lot of time but i did attempt it i have had the front apart 2 times now. first time the spring compressor bent so much it wouldn't tighten anymore so i got a different one that is better so i attempted it today again and it just will not compress it enough. are the springs in these trucks so strong only a shop can do it or is there a secret to this any help is appreciated thanks in advanced
Old 06-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Blown Member

Received 185 Likes on 152 Posts

Go to Autozone and rent (2) sets of spring compressors. Use 3 out of the 4 and it will work without serious pucker factor.

I ran into the same problem. I could see the bolts bending before I had the spring fully compressed. I backed off and had to rethink it. Using 3 compressors instead of 2 it is no problem. From what I saw, anyone that tells you they just use 2 is an idiot playing with fire. I am sure they make stronger spring compressors. The ones from Autozone are nice and beefy but no match for that truck spring without bowing when only using 2.

Last edited by LTNBOLT; 06-08-2015 at 06:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
XDf150 (06-15-2015)

Quick Reply: strut question