Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2003 power window/lock switches in a 1999?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:45 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 2003 power window/lock switches in a 1999?

For the longest time I thought this would be a simple straight swap, but turns out it's not. I won a set of 2003 power window/lock switches with bezels for uber cheap off ebay. I like the newer, flat top design rather than the rounded ones. When I went to swap them in tonight I was surprised to find the wiring harness connectors were very different. I popped the switch tops off with a screwdriver and found you can't snap the newer style switche tops in place of the older ones. I'm stumped on this one... has anyone ever done this?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:04 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I tore them completely down since this post and the only thing I can figure is Ford switched suppliers and to prevent a copyright/patent case, change every single flippin' thing about the switches. You can't even plug the newer style switch into an older 99-early 02' bezel or vice versa. Although the bezels look identical, they're just different enough to make things difficult. On the late 02'-03' bezel, the driver side power window switches are closer together and moved ever so slightly closer to the driver. The older style driver side power window switch has two bulky large connectors plugged into it, but the newer style is shaped more rectangular and only has one connector.

Both power lock switches have 7 pin outputs but that's where the similarities end. The newer style has two LED's verses one on the older style. The connectors are again, different between the 99' and late 02'/03'. The 99'-early 02' power window switch has 7 pins and the newer one has only 5.

One switch did go unchanged, the power mirror joystick.

If anyone wants em I can post some pictures of the differences in case anyone else wants to run late 02'/03' style power window/lock switches in their 99'+ F150. All this headache for just a slight style change...

Quick Reply: 2003 power window/lock switches in a 1999?