Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

where to measure from?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up where to measure from?

hi guys havnt been on for a while my buddy got a new lift, his truck has a little bit of rake to the 6 " kit, he is going to purchase bilstein 5100s to leavel it out.. my question is where can we measure to see the amount needed to level out. whats a solid point to measure, i am coming up with about 1 3/4 to level it out, if that is anywhere close, would i be able to put the bilsteins to 2" since theirs only 3 settings and it wouldnt be much of a noticable diffrence right? i was just thinkin .25 probably isnt noticable from front to back, please let me know asap were installing these tuesday and its just something i would like to know where a costant point to get the most accurate measurement for the front and rear of the truck; reason being i need a number to adjust the bilsteins to 3 settings 0 1 and 2, let me know what you bros think!
thank you tim
Old 05-29-2009, 02:31 AM
Combat Trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

measure from the center of the center cap to the highest point in the wheel well. make sure your on level ground or it will throw it way off. once you measure, move the truck and try again to make sure

Quick Reply: where to measure from?