Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

TrXus M/T radial

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TrXus M/T radial

Anybody ever run these? I'm aware of their on road and trail performance but I'm curious on how they do in actual mud. Interco is pretty good about making a mud tire and this one is listed as an M/T but it just doesn't look that aggressive.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:00 AM

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Swamp_Bear
Anybody ever run these? I'm aware of their on road and trail performance but I'm curious on how they do in actual mud. Interco is pretty good about making a mud tire and this one is listed as an M/T but it just doesn't look that aggressive.

I USED to be a huge fan of the Trxus M/T's and have my third set on the truck as we speak. The first two sets I got pretty good life out of, 45,000/55,000. From what I understand they went through a Bankruptcy of some sort a few years ago so I went with something else(Mickey Thompson MTZ's) for the time being while I waited for the Interco to get back into the market place. Well, they got the bankruptcy taken care of and are now back on the market(obviously). They have changed the tire and NOT for the better. They wear terribly and unevenly now and the tire compound is different and literally you can feel the difference with your hands compared to what they used to be. They used to be the absolute best overall tire for rain, mud, snow, in my opinion. Threw mud very well when I had them offroad. Now, I don't think I would recommend them to anyone since something has changed with their tires, especially if your using it as a daily driver. Just my experience with them and having had them prior to their bankruptcy dealings so I got to personally compare the "before" and "after".
Old 08-08-2014, 11:53 AM

I know pretty much all Interco's wear pretty bad a buddy of mines got some Irok's on his jeep. And at the moment I have Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3's and they wear pretty un evenly even with balance, alignment, and rotations. I do do a lot of highway driving. But frequently find myself on the trails. Wear's really not a big priority for me just as long as I get around 30,000 with them. And of course I want to make sure that even with the new compounds that they have good if not great off-road traction. So do you think this is possible? The reason why I favor toward this tire is because of it's sidewall durability. And not to mention buying American made products is very important to me. Thank you for your help.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:51 PM

They didnt' used to be as bad on the wearing as they are now at least that was my experience with them. The two sets I had on prior to their financial collapse, I didn't take care of them at all. I didn't rotate when needed, I rarely checked the air pressure etc etc. And I still managed to get that mileage out of them. Definitely not so with this new set I have. I have been on them constantly with rotating, balancing etc etc. Even when brand new these new ones ride pretty rough compared to their older makes. Are your buddies Iroc's radials? I think those are the ones you can get in radials and non radials(biased).

If that is all your asking out of your tires, then go for it and I wouldn't look back. It's one of those deals, you may really enjoy them and they are everything you imagined. I am simply comparing them to what they used to be like VS. what they are like now in my experience is all. I am not trying to sway you one way or the other, just trying to give you the info that I have experienced. Good luck with them if you decide to go that route.

I know pretty much all Interco's wear pretty bad a buddy of mines got some Irok's on his jeep. And at the moment I have Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3's and they wear pretty un evenly even with balance, alignment, and rotations. I do do a lot of highway driving. But frequently find myself on the trails. Wear's really not a big priority for me just as long as I get around 30,000 with them. And of course I want to make sure that even with the new compounds that they have good if not great off-road traction. So do you think this is possible? The reason why I favor toward this tire is because of it's sidewall durability. And not to mention buying American made products is very important to me. Thank you for your help.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Thank you so much I definitely will have to put some thought into it and do some more research.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Thank you so much I definitely will have to put some thought into it and do some more research.

You are more than welcome. I guess what I was getting at is for the money they are wanting now for those tires, I think there are better options out there for the buck is all. Your application for them may be worlds apart from what I was wanting/needing. FYI, I just got done paying 385 bucks a piece for two tires that I had to replace, the ones that got replaced had less then 10,000 miles on them. I also got a buddy that had to replace all of his tires(Irocs) in less then 2000 miles cause they were splitting directly down the center of the tire. I saw the tires in person and what they were doing, so there was no BS from his perspective. Sure, Interco replaced them free of charge, but that isn't the point, in my opinion.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:05 PM

I'm definitely going to have to add the mud grapplers back on to the list then haha thanks for the information.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:12 PM

Haha, I don't blame you. I doubt I own anymore Interco's for a daily driver after this set is gone(which won't take long now it seems)unless they make some serious changes for the better. I will be looking at other options and there are a lot of them out there. I had a set of Mickey Thompsons MTZ's for awhile and I didn't have a bit of problem with them, but my heart(at that time was set on the Trxus) so I really didnt' give them a fair shake, so to say. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:27 PM

Thank you so much.

Quick Reply: TrXus M/T radial