Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Tires and Wheels for '05 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires and Wheels for '05 FX4

I am about as ignorant on this topic as I can be - so any help would be appreciated.

I am looking to put new wheels and tires on my '05 FX4 Supercrew. I have found a nice set of wheels for a nice price that are 18's and are 9-inch wheels. I would like to put an aggressive-looking tire on but not too big. Does anyone have any idea what size tire I could put on without a lift and maybe only a leveling kit - if that? I do not want to do any trimming or mods of that sort, just want to put on the tires and wheels and be done with it. If I have to put a leveling kit on, would do that, but would prefer to keep my costs down as much as possible an still make it look good.

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Peacock1
I am about as ignorant on this topic as I can be - so any help would be appreciated.

I am looking to put new wheels and tires on my '05 FX4 Supercrew. I have found a nice set of wheels for a nice price that are 18's and are 9-inch wheels. I would like to put an aggressive-looking tire on but not too big. Does anyone have any idea what size tire I could put on without a lift and maybe only a leveling kit - if that? I do not want to do any trimming or mods of that sort, just want to put on the tires and wheels and be done with it. If I have to put a leveling kit on, would do that, but would prefer to keep my costs down as much as possible an still make it look good.

Thanks.
There's a sticky at the top of this forum, tells you all you need to know. All I can remember is you can fit a 35x12.5 tire with a 2" level on a 4x4 and a 33 for 2WD
Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.
This will depend on the offset of the wheels, however on my 06 MarkLT with the stocker 18's I was able to fit 295/65/18 Goodyear Duratracs on a dead stock truck, but they barely fit. To this day I have not had them rub and I have about 12k miles on them...and they are a mildly aggressive tire.
The following users liked this post:
MHC-F150 (06-29-2015)
Old 06-25-2011, 09:27 PM

Default Offset

I went to the information on the wheels I would like to get and they have an offset of -25 mm. Again, I am showing my ignorance - I am not sure what this means to my situation.

By the way - anyone know anything about Devino wheels? That is the brand I am looking at. They look good, I know that much.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:05 PM

Thanks.
Told ya I was ignorant! I didn't even remember the correct wheel size. They are 10-inch wide wheels (18x10), not 9-inch. The offset is -25.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

you definitely don't want -25 offset. the lower the number the more they will stick out. a -25 offset wheel will stick out about 2-2.5 inchs more than stock. If i was doing a lift i'd only use -12 off-set. So if your doing a leveling kit, or keeping it stock, I'd look for wheels with ABOUT a +18 offset. different companies sell different offsets. My advice is to go to google and type in what your looking for. For example if i wanted to see how rockstar wheels looked on my truck i'd go to google and type "Rockstar wheels on F-150". Doing that always helps me decide which wheels will go good with my truck, based on what others have.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:26 PM

Default Thanks.

Thanks - this is exactly why I got on here to ask questions. This is the kind of information someone like me needs. I appreciate the heads-up on the offset - you probably kept me from making a mistake.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:55 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Also i'd go for 9" wheels, thats more of personal preference, and to be on the safe side. Some wheels fit good on these trucks, some will rub like crazy. Right now, my factory 20 inch wheels rub alot on the control arms and sway bar. this is because i put on bigger tires. the stock off-set for my wheels is +44, so i'm looking for aftermarket wheels that have about a +18 off-set, thus pulling the tire and wheel further from the truck so it wont hit. There are TONS of threads about wheels, tires, and leveling kits, use the search feature on here, it helps alot, also as another person mentioned, read the sticky at the top of this page all about wheels/tires
Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an 08 FX4 screw........looking at wheel/tire package at wheelfire.com and a set off wheels I like is the moto metal mo967 with 275/60/18 terra grapplers. However, they list the wheel at 18x10. Just researched a bit more and Moto Metal MO967 is only offered in -24 offset for our bolt pattern. WAYYY too wide of a stance for me.*Ideally I'd like the tires to stick out maybe an inch or so.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbusa06
I have an 08 FX4 screw........looking at wheel/tire package at wheelfire.com and a set off wheels I like is the moto metal mo967 with 275/60/18 terra grapplers. However, they list the wheel at 18x10. Just researched a bit more and Moto Metal MO967 is only offered in -24 offset for our bolt pattern. WAYYY too wide of a stance for me.*Ideally I'd like the tires to stick out maybe an inch or so.
I just put on a 275/65r20 Big O all terrain on some BMF SOTAs with 0 offset. They are a 9 inch wide rim. It sticks out about an inch and adds an aggressive look even with the thin tire width. It comes out to about a 34.5 inch tire in diameter and I have no rubbing what so ever. Even when I get her all twisted up on the trail. Highly recommend this setup with maybe a little wider tire. Still looks awesome to me and I'm even more in love with my truck haha.

Quick Reply: Tires and Wheels for '05 FX4