Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

siso to dual exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default siso to dual exhaust...

Hey all. I have a few questions. It's probably been asked before but I am not having any luck with the search bar. I am wanting to put a new exhaust on my truck because it is currently the stock one. I have a pretty mileage on my truck (260k). It's an '06 Lariat. I am the second owner of this truck and have only put on about 30k miles myself. The previous owner took very good care of the truck, as do I. I don't know to much about exhaust systems but I got this truck to learn all that stuff. I would like to see if anyone would like to help me understand how to turn a siso exhaust system into a true dual exhaust. Like, do I need to get new manifolds and headers in order to do that? Also, should I just go with a sido instead. Keep in mind I am still saving the money to get the exhaust system I want. Just figured I should go ahead and start doing some research on it. It should take about 2 months to get the sido kit that I want. Thank you so much for your time and input that ya'll put into this post! My feelings don't get hurt to much so if I am doing something wrong posting-wise let me know!

-Aaron
Old 09-10-2014, 12:47 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Take it to an exhaust shop. Custom exhaust done right by a good shop is cheaper, easier and generally far better fitting and quality then box brand duals.

Get duals, a crossover pipe (h-pipe or x), high flow cats, mufflers and tips. They will take care of all the piping and bending. Just make sure you find a good shop that does good work and you will be okay.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your input! I have been putting thought into an exhaust shop but I got this truck to kinda learn off it. I am interested in doing mechanic work when I get out of the Marine Corps, which is why I wanted to see if I could do it myself. If anything I think I will look more into the cat-back route. I know I won't get much power out of that route but I think it would be a good project for me to do.

If I did take it to an exhaust shop, what kind of prices am I looking at? I would have to get it done right if I did (dual exhaust and all).

Quick Reply: siso to dual exhaust...