Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Really like the interior in my new FX4

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:23 PM
gp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really like the interior in my new FX4

First post here, glad I found you guys.

Just bought a new-to-me '06 FX4 with about a 6" lift. (Haven't had a chance to look under there and see what it is yet!) Man, trucks have come a long way. It has cupholders!

I drive about 100,000 miles a year, all over the country for work. Gotta have a truck to move the stuff I take with me. Spending that much time inside a vehicle, I've come to appreciate a good interior. The first time I sat in it and closed the door I knew it was what I wanted. The interior fit and finish is much better than I expected for a truck and the doors gave a satisfying "clunk" when closed.

What really impressed me was the seat comfort. Yeah, I know some people have complained a lot about the seats, but I think they're excellent. They adjust to fit me like a glove and they have just enough bolster to keep me in place on a 16-hour drive. I drive a lot of crappy roads, so I like a seat that is fairly soft and deeply cushioned. I like to sink into a truck seat, not sit on the surface like it's a cloth-covered piece of plywood. What the suspension doesn't soak up the seats does. Bumps that used to jar the fillings out of my head with my old truck I don't even notice. Definately a plus, I arrive at my destination almost "normal". heh

Kinda funny story, but I was going though Arizona last week with my girlfriend , who was half asleep. Out of nowhere this big dog (small wolf?) ran out in front of me while I was cruising along at oh, about 80. I ran over it dead center with the left wheel, there was just no time to swerve. The impact must have been amazingly violent for the dog, but I barely felt it and my girlfriend didn't even ask "What was that?" If the truck can soak that up, I can't wait to take it off-road.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Great forum you guys have here!

Old 11-23-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site!

100K a year?! Damn, I would do a couple performance mods to help MPG's
Old 11-23-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Funny you should mention it, but..

The interior was not as comfortable in my '04 as in my old '97 Expedition. My problem was the armrests are lower. I like to prop my arms, actually my elbows, on the armrest and the center console. It seems my rests are lower. And the armrest on the door is extremely hard. It always left me with a pain on the point of my elbow where the bone has no padding. I actually cut one of the ergo mouse pads with the wrist rest and double stuck taped it to the door arm rest so that my elbow would have some padding. It has been very comfortable since that.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:33 PM

Default 2004 Fx4

gp1, I agree 100% with you! This truck is definitely a revolution among the truck world. The ergonomics of the interior alone were just incredible.
Overall, I give it a robust !
Old 11-24-2007, 08:42 AM

'morning gp1,

From one new guy to another... welcome to the forum!

So far, I haven't crushed anything with my truck. But I am looking forward to the day that Bambi strays out onto the highway. But those little thing can jump. And they will bust up your windshield, or come RIGHT THRU IT! Now that would **** me off!

I was chatting with a fella that I know that owns a Toyota FJ Cruiser. It is a hyped up SUV. He said that he chomped a deer last week on the highway. He didn't have time to react, besides moving his foot from the floor as he was on cruise control, to hit the brakes after he run the deer over. He said it couldn't have been much more than a fawn. But he said that he hit is squarely with the passenger set of tires. When he looked in his mirror, there was nothing but red hamburger on the highway for the car behind him to swerve around. Lovely.

So like you said, large dog or wolf = 100 pounds.

Ford F-150 = 5,500 pounds.

You do the math.

Mitch
Old 11-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Blue Angel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the board.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:57 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!!

6" lift?? We're going to need some pics ASAP!!!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

If you snap some pics we will be able to tell you whatever type lift you are runnning and the wheel and tire setup too.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:52 PM

I like how quiet these trucks are along with there ride quality. When I 1st bought mine, I slipped onto the shoulder of the highway. I couldn't even tell that I was on the shoulder because it was so quiet inside. I put some deer whistles on my truck a few weeks ago and found out that they do actually work. Had 3 deer run up to the road and then turned around and back to the field.

Quick Reply: Really like the interior in my new FX4