Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Question about lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about lift kits

would it be entirely stupid to put a lift kit and mud tires on a 2wd truck. im jw because my dad just bought me a brand new 60th anniversery addition f150 and its 2wd. i would never put this truck in the mud but i like the way mud trucks look
Old 04-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

I would never do it. Because in my opinion if you are going to spend the money to put a lift and big tires on a truck what is the point of not using it for mudding/off roading? That is just my opinion though.
I do agree that they are fantastic looking trucks when lifted, but i'm not a fan of people lifting their trucks for "show" and babying them. But its your truck and money, so whatever you do i'm sure it will look great
Old 04-06-2009, 05:12 PM
@jverderber1

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LSUboy
would it be entirely stupid to put a lift kit and mud tires on a 2wd truck. im jw because my dad just bought me a brand new 60th anniversery addition f150 and its 2wd. i would never put this truck in the mud but i like the way mud trucks look
It is your truck so you should do what ever you want with it. I have a lifted 2wd with mud tires and I love it. Put a heavy duty Eaton Posi in and it makes it in and out of mud pits no problem. I got lots of criticism for lifting a 2wd but its my truck and I love it lifted and I do take it off road pretty frequently. I do go with my 4wd friends though just in case.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with a long travel suspension. Gives it more of a pre-runner look and is better looking IMO on a 2wd than a lift is, and it does give you a little lift and allows for bigger tires.

If you were my friend and you lifted a 2wd I would give you a hard time....

But it's your truck... So do what you want.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

prerunner that beast. cst suspension has the best prerunner kit out there. dont you wanna take turns on 3 wheels and have total control.

Quick Reply: Question about lift kits