Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My 08's Christmas presents installed, with pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Talking My 08's Christmas presents installed, with pics

Ah, I love modifications As Christmas presents to myself, I bought a Flowmaster 40 series (original, single 3" in, dual 2.5" out), tips, and finally got tires for the FX4 rims I picked up back in early November. Yesterday, I had the exhaust installed at a local Muffler Brothers, side exit through 4" square tips in front of the rear passenger side tire. It sounds AWESOME! It does put lots of noise into the cab, and drones at a certain RPM range, but at highway speed, I can barely hear it I know there's a lot of debate about mufflers, and many say Flows are no good, but I've had a couple and just LOVE their sound. I don't notice any power change, but I didn't expect any.

And today, I took the truck over to Discount Tire and had a set of Goodyear Wranger ATs (275/65 18) installed on the FX4 rims. I love the new look of the truck, the rims and tires are such a dramatic difference.

On to the pics: the 1st is how it looked the day I bought it (don't mind my cheesy ***, hahaha). The rest were taken this afternoon, just after getting home from the tire shop. As for the dent on the passenger side, just try to ignore it and imagine that it's a perfect bedside (it's a long story involving a short steel post; I felt sick for days afterwards, and will be paying out the nose to get it fixed this spring). I really like the way the square tips look, I think they compliment the look and lines of the truck very well, and along with the rims, they add just enough silver to set off the white and black.

When I get the bedside replaced, I will be adding a color matched upper bumper and grill (well, the H-bar style grill with color matched surround), so the truck will be white with a black 'ring' around the bottom (from the stripes and metal bumpers), the black accents from the stripes, grill center, etc; I think that will finish cleaning up the truck.

Anyway, just my humble XL that refuses to look like a work truck
Attached Thumbnails My 08's Christmas presents installed, with pics-2008-06-30-1st-day-small.jpg   My 08's Christmas presents installed, with pics-img_1942-small.jpg  
Attached Images    

Last edited by nagata; 01-03-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride man! I love my Flowmaster 40's too... Just a preference thing I guess
Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Originally Posted by 06 FX4 SC
Nice ride man! I love my Flowmaster 40's too... Just a preference thing I guess
Thanks for the compliment! It's not quite as good looking as a bright red FX4 (my 1st or 2nd favorite F-150 setup, so I'm a tiny bit jealous), but it works well for me I agree on Flowmasters, and exhausts in general, it's mostly just personal preference, at least at our level.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:48 PM

Sweet
Old 01-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Truck is looking good. Hard to believe what a new pair of shoes does for the look of these trucks. The mod bug has it's teeth firmly into your wallet now.

Tint those windows.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:28 PM
_McLovin_

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
Truck is looking good. Hard to believe what a new pair of shoes does for the look of these trucks. The mod bug has it's teeth firmly into your wallet now.

Tint those windows.
I agree with what he said to the "T". The rims and tires did wonders for the looks. Now if you can tint the windows it will go with the look more I think. Sweet ride man.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Received 281 Likes on 180 Posts

Nice looking ride!

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 01-03-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments! It's always nice to know that others share my tastes for a good looking truck

Originally Posted by exitwound
I agree with what he said to the "T". The rims and tires did wonders for the looks. Now if you can tint the windows it will go with the look more I think. Sweet ride man.
wxm & exitwound - Thank you for the suggestion on tinting. I've never really been big on tinted windows, but I see your point. I'll have to look into it a bit more.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Clean Freak w/ Microfiber

Looking good, clean and simple.

Quick Reply: My 08's Christmas presents installed, with pics