Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

It made this wierd noise that has me concerned.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Default It made this wierd noise that has me concerned.

So I went to the airport this week to pick up a freind and had to park in a parking deck... ALL THE WAY UP TOP. The access ramp to this was narrow, dark, sharp round 45* curve on maybe a 30* grade. I mean I was kinda hoping this ramp never saw rain or moisture. Anyone that has been to Houston Hobby Airport will know what I mean... It was the hourly "Parking Cents" deck.

Anyway, back on track. As I was driving up this thing, I happened to have my window (left front only) down. I could hear the engine making this sound that resembled not having enough oil in it (but muffled) when I applied throttle. I never had to give it more than maybe 15% throttle going up. I did just have the oil changed so I figured that maybe they didn't add enough so I checked it. All is ok level wise. I did not have any load in the truck other than myself and my wife and being a 5.4, I would hope it was not straining to push itself up this thing.

Anyone else get this and should I be concerned?

Last edited by Lenn; 06-26-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Like the dieselin/Knocking sound? That's the knocking you get under load. Find another hill to drive up with similar grade. Mine does it too up in the mts. Drives me nuts. Had to run back to stock.....didnt feel like playing with the timing.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

So this could be that noise?? I thought that noise was more at idle. You say that you didn't feel like messing with timing but my truck is stock so...

Quick Reply: It made this wierd noise that has me concerned.