Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Intake, Exhaust, and Tuner reviews please

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Gun tottin redneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Intake, Exhaust, and Tuner reviews please

Im looking for a new intake, exhaust and tuner for my 05 F150 XLT 5.4L 4x4. I would like to know what you have and your reviews please. If anyone has sound clips or videos of exhausts on the 3v 5.4L i would really like to hear them. Im looking for mostly performance and a little mileage. Maybe 2-3 mpg with the whole setup with 87 octane preferably. NY state is communist so gas is through the roof. Here is what Im leaning towards currently

Roush Cold Air Intake
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RSP-402101/

Edge Evolution Programmer
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...&t_pn=EDG15051

Havnt decided on an exhaust yet but probably a Gibson. I had one on my last truck and loved it and my father has had them on all his trucks.

Thanks in advance for the help yall
Old 02-15-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Well most likely your truck will run lean with a cold air intake. You can do the gotts mod. I have a stage 2 afe inatake with a gryphon from phptune.com its the same as the edge but this one you get custom tunes which helps the truck not run lean. As for exhaust go to youtube they have tons of videos.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:17 PM

I Have the Volant intake and it looks really nice under the hood. And I have the Magnaflow duel out one side looks classy doesn't have the red neck look that the duel out the back has.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by norman72
I Have the Volant intake and it looks really nice under the hood. And I have the Magnaflow duel out one side looks classy doesn't have the red neck look that the duel out the back has.

So if you run any type of dual exhaust out the back it looks redneckish? Interesting.....I must be behind on whats hip these days.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Roll Tide

I for one like and prefer the look of duals out the back... Maybe it's cause I'm from Alabama and am a redneck lol! But I think it looks the best.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Gun tottin redneck

I like duals out the back. Aint nothin wrong with bein a redneck. If my lifted f150 tearin through the woods covered in mud with my cb whips, Hunt texas plates, a big ol' chew, blarin hank jr would look redneck with duals out the back well ill just have to deal with that lol
Old 02-16-2012, 01:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lol you got your terminology all wrong dude, how could the look of your exhaust setup be "redneck"? the only thing that comes close to what your trying to descibe as being redneck is if you got a ziptie looped into the frame holding up the exhaust tip, now thats "redneck"

Originally Posted by StoneLariat
So if you run any type of dual exhaust out the back it looks redneckish? Interesting.....I must be behind on whats hip these days.
yea sorry i didnt get the memo on trashy exhaust setups either
Old 02-16-2012, 01:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by texnFORD
Im looking for a new intake, exhaust and tuner for my 05 F150 XLT 5.4L 4x4. I would like to know what you have and your reviews please. If anyone has sound clips or videos of exhausts on the 3v 5.4L i would really like to hear them. Im looking for mostly performance and a little mileage. Maybe 2-3 mpg with the whole setup with 87 octane preferably. NY state is communist so gas is through the roof. Here is what Im leaning towards currently

Roush Cold Air Intake
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RSP-402101/

Edge Evolution Programmer
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...&t_pn=EDG15051

Havnt decided on an exhaust yet but probably a Gibson. I had one on my last truck and loved it and my father has had them on all his trucks.

Thanks in advance for the help yall
roush has good intakes, so does K&N. dont get an edge, you cant save custom tunes to the chip. with gryphon you can, and as far as exhaust goes. gibson has a good mellow tone, but i like borla and maggies
Old 02-16-2012, 05:04 AM
kanga2311 FISO

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

With the gryphon, does it have all the options as the edge? Can you change tire size to fix the speedo and watch some engine parameters? I am also looking for a programmer and the custom tunes sounds like the way to go, but I need to be able to adjust for tire size.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 AM

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts

Intake: Gotts mod- cheap, best filtration efficiency, and effective
Programmer: https://www.f150forum.com/f2/tuners-pcm-ugrades-124931/
Exhaust: Any straight through muffler- Magnaflow, Borla, Corsa, Dynomax. Gibson is a louvered straight through so it's only average for true performance.

Quick Reply: Intake, Exhaust, and Tuner reviews please