Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Has anyone converted thier XL to power?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone converted thier XL to power?

I have an 05 XL with manual Windows and locks. Working in a body shop I have acquired the factory power regulators, latches etc... I was talking with our driveability guy at work and he said the whole dash harness is different. If I have to, I'll buy an aftermarket kit and use the aftermarket relays with the factory parts.

Has anyone converted their truck to power using the factory parts?
Old 04-17-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

I went from my STX to power windows and locks. I bought a generic universal kit, one of those flexible kind that go on the handle of the manual Windows. Then I had to use some relays to make them only come on with the key. I'm sure you could use relays and make that factory stuff work though, it would be way nicer.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:36 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Yes its been done. You can search and find some old threads on it.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I just finished the wiring for this on my 06 XL. I did it the hard way with a BSM and all the wiring but now I have full power options and keyless entry.

I bought 2 complete doors from an 05 XLT super crew since mine is a regular cab and power doors are near impossible to find. I also pulled the floor harness from the truck to pull the needed wires from. I previously bought an instrument cluster, BSM, fuse box and AC controls from a guy scrapping an 07 XLT which are all needed for full factory options. I ended up buying a bunch of wiring pigtails from a wreckers for some of the needed pins and wires, I needed pigtails for the headlight switch, radio, instrument cluster and all of the connectors to the fuse box.

One thing I found interesting was my truck was prewired for power adjustable pedals so while I had everything apart I added them too.

After that it was just a matter of connecting it all up according to the wiring diagrams.

If you have any questions or need pictures let me know.

Quick Reply: Has anyone converted thier XL to power?