Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

This is getting ridiculous...4wd issue. REALLY NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is getting ridiculous...4wd issue. REALLY NEED HELP!

First off, let me ask for every bit of help that I can get. No, let me BEG for help!

I posted a few months ago about a problem I have with my 4wd. I have an '06 FX4 and everytime I need my 4wd, I have to cross my fingers when clicking it in. It seems to work when it wants. Every time I really need it, it doesn't work. It is snowy and icy today and guess what.....Doesn't engage.

The problem is really a mystery to me. I will click it into 4wd no problem one night, but then the next day, I will try and the 4x4 light will not come on and it will not be in 4wd, no matter what I try. I will then let it sit over night, switch it into 4wd and it will go right in again. I do only normal driving, nothing extreme.

I actually got it to a garage the last time when it wouldn't work to hook it up to a computer and they gave me, Diagnostic code DTC P1867, which is "Vehicles built 4/1/05 - 4/6/06 - Diagnostic code DTC P1867 (Transfer Case Contact Plate General Circuit Failure)". When I was going to take it to the dealer, it started working again, so how can they then try to detect a problem when it isn't a problem anymore? Anyone hear of this diagnostic code?

I really will appreciate any help I can get on this issue.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the service bulletin (TSB-06-9-8) link. http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/fullt...php?tsb=06-9-8

Quick Reply: This is getting ridiculous...4wd issue. REALLY NEED HELP!