Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Fan clutch question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan clutch question

I recently replaced my fan clutch on my 2005 F150 with the 4.6, but now I have a new problem. The old one was definitely bad, but now the damn thing sounds like a 747 trying to take off under my hood. I just assumed that the old fan hadn't been working and this was normal, but it doesn't stop once the truck warms up. For a while if I floored it while I was accelerating the fan would quiet down and stay quiet after that, but tonight that stopped working. Just wondering if my water pump being bad could cause that? Guy at the parts store (he usually knows what he's talking about) said that maybe it could be causing it. Just trying to figure out what's going on, if it is just always this loud I'm going to switch to an electric fan because it sounds unhealthy.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Ryan

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Could just be the brand of the fan? Not sure, they're typically loud though. Electric fans would be a good option though if you don't like the current situation and have the money. They'll get you a few extra ponies not having to turn that big pulley

Quick Reply: Fan clutch question