Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.
View Poll Results: Which Badges Should I Go With?
Cowboys 1
0%
Cowboys 2
30.43%
Cowboys 3
13.04%
Black Beauty
56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Custom Badges

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Custom Badges

Alright thanks to Dre and his posting his custom badges I'm seriously considering a set myself. I created 4 contenders and am looking for a little help from my brothers and sisters here on which one to go with. Here are the entries;

So which one should it be? Thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only one I would consider is the last one

Old 02-17-2008, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just having fun with ya, As a life-long Giant fan I dont get to gloat too often, what badges would these replace?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the second one. one and three are too bold therefore hard to read. the last one is in its own category. its going to be really hard to billet a dog in such detail.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

see, I told you a poll would help, lol
Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy MY Vote...OR Actually, My Votes...

Originally Posted by fordct2002
the second one. one and three are too bold therefore hard to read. the last one is in its own category. its going to be really hard to billet a dog in such detail.
If you were going to go w/the Cowboy theme side emblem badge, then I also agree w/going with the second one out of the 3 Cowboy's ones listed.

BUT, I personally like the last one with the dog the best, and FordCT2002 to put your worries to rest, I've spoken to WXMCPO as to where I got my badges done, and www.billettechnology.com has the tools and means to do a badge in such pristine detail. There stuff is just simply phenominal! Take a look at the detail in a few of the pieces that they've made that I've posted below...(the first one I found was of a dog just for you WXMCPO so you can see that they can do it VERY well, even tho it's not the pic you wanted, if they can do this, I'm sure that they can do yours as well...)

Come on guys, you know that after looking at just those 3 items, you are probably drooling, and you gots to give this company (billettechnology) some mad props!! So, as you can see, I don't think that being able to do the dog detail would be a problem at all if you went with www.billettechnology.com
Now, billet technology did do my grille/tailgate badges, but they DID NOT DO my side emblem badges which is what you are interested in, but I don't think that they would have a problem making these either WXCMPO. Steve at www.billetbadges.com does excellent work as well (now he is the one that did my side badges that you can see on page one of this thread w/the engraved Skull that says, "F-150; Skullz Edition"), but I don't think you are gonna get the same level of detail w/him (Steve) than if you went w/BilletTech. The only reason I initally went w/Steve @ billetbadges is b/c BilletTech at the time (Oct. 2007) was only making badges for Dodge/Chrysler products until I bugged, called, emailed & harassed them that they were missing out on a huge market by not catering to Ford vehicles.

With that said, I am still 100% completely happy & satisfied w/the side Skull emblem badges that I got from Steve at BilletBadges, but if you do decide to go with the last option of the Rottweiler and "Black Beauty" lettering, which would require much more detailing and shadowing, then I would definitaly go with www.billettechnology.com as they have the tools to be much more detailed and precise w/their artwork. My contact woman named Heidi is the owner of the company and her customer service skills were excellent and speaking w/her was always a pleasure. Her price was higher ($200 for the pair as compared to $125 for the pair at Steve's BilletBadges) but it was worth every penny.

So my vote is that if you go w/any of the Cowboy themes (which I would choose number 2 out of the three) then I would save some money and go w/Steve at Billbadges as he can do that VERY easily as there is not really any high level of detailing involved or required to make those very simple and symmetrical lines. BUT, if you do decide to go w/the "Rot and the Black Beauty Theme", then in my opinon in that case, I would have Heidi at billettechnology do the work. I am not suggesting that Steve could not get the detail that you would want/need, but just that from my own personal looking at the billettech portfolio, there is not a doubt in my mind that the artwork you would send to them, they would have absolutely no trouble replicating to a "T" for your side emblem badges. It is not a knock at Steve or his artwork at all, but I am on his site right now as well looking thru his Gallery, and while he seems to do superb work on lettering, words, and numbers, there is very little detail shown in the very few pieces that he does have in his gallery of anything more than symettrical lines (e.g. animals, people, cartoon work, etc.), but of course take a look for yourself at each companies galleries and decide for yourself. Afterall, the money is coming out of your pocket, not ours, and in the end you are the one who must be happy with it.

As for the size of the badge, just measure the dimensions of your current stock side emblem badges (and go with that size unless you want them to make them bigger or smaller), and tell whichever company you go with what size you want them to make the badge. It's as "simple" as that Chief, LOL. Good luck & keep us up to date!

Sorry for the novel!

P.S.
Yeah, I already posted it on the first page of this thread, but if you want to get into direct touch w/Heidi from www.billettechnology.com then here is her contact info;
Email: infovpi@fdn.com
Phone: 561-582-6171

And hey, it never hurts to try, but tell her that Andre Henry sent you (whether you go w/her or Steve) & maybe hint at asking for a little discount on your order since I was able to refer some service to them. Hey, the worst she can say is, "No"...

Last edited by dre23; 02-17-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:39 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

I'd have to go with Black Beauty wxmcpo. You're truck is truly "Black Beauty"!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh dayumm... those are too nice.
dre stop writing so much jeez haha
Old 02-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by nashtruck
Just having fun with ya, As a life-long Giant fan I dont get to gloat too often, what badges would these replace?
Giants badges...now why didn't I think of that.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:13 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Unhappy My Apologies

Originally Posted by fordct2002
oh dayumm... those are too nice.
dre stop writing so much jeez haha

LOL!! You are so right. I have a severe case of verbal diarhea!!
I'll do my best to be shorter and to more to the point (i.e. sound like the rest of you illiterate muthasucka's on here...JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING...I LOVE YOU ALL!!! ) in the future.

Quick Reply: Custom Badges