Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Brake recall completed

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake recall completed

Yesterday I took my truck in for the brake booster line recall and spark plugs. Spark plugs came out good, no broken plugs. I also noticed while driving home that my brake pedal is no longer low when depressed and I don't have to pump them everytime I stop. The brake pedal is where it should be now. Has anyone else noticed that after getting the recall done?
Old 07-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I need to schedule an appointment to get mine done, got my letter in the mail last week. Did you get the plugs changed just because you wanted them changed?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:09 PM

Yes I had the plugs changed at 17,000 miles so I know they are the updated plugs and have antisieze on them. I was going to do them at 25,000 miles but since I had to leave my truck at the dealer for the recall to be done I figured might as well do the plugs. Now on every 25,000 miles I'll have the plugs changed without fear of them breaking. The plugs that they took out were all rusted on the sleeve with very little carbon. I had to argue with the service writer for 15 mins about changing the plugs, he kept telling me they are good and to change them at 100,000 miles. I almost had to carve it in his damn forehead to make him understand the reason I wanted them done early.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:09 PM

Default changing plugs

I had 2 dealers tell me to not waste money by changing the plugs early. With 73k on my 06 I figured I better get it done. My 75k warranty might give me a better chance if one of them broke. Both dealers said they don't have a problem getting them out. I'm going in to get the brake recall thing done next Saturday at the dealer that sold me the truck. I havn't talked to them about the plugs yet but I will then.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been doing a bunch of those recalls and man do they suck
Old 07-12-2008, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Racinbob
I had 2 dealers tell me to not waste money by changing the plugs early. With 73k on my 06 I figured I better get it done. My 75k warranty might give me a better chance if one of them broke. Both dealers said they don't have a problem getting them out. I'm going in to get the brake recall thing done next Saturday at the dealer that sold me the truck. I havn't talked to them about the plugs yet but I will then.
Of what I have read you might want to start saving some $$$$$...73k on original plugs...I'll bet my paycheck that they will break them and broken plugs are not covered under warranty. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Brake recall completed