Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ball Joints, cv shafts, and tie-rod ends

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball Joints, cv shafts, and tie-rod ends

I just ordered a 2" Autospring kit for my 2004 FX4 STD cab, and I am suddenly feeling a bit apprehensive. I am worried about stuff breaking due to the extra strain, I have had a lifted truck before and I bought this one to keep stock (to avoid problems) but the forward rake is killing me. I do use 4x4 to get to hunting spots and boat ramps etc. but no serious off-roading....should I be worried about problems...I am planning on keeping stock tire size (for gas mileage). Also should I go ahead and replace ball joints while Ive got the front end apart. Any suggestions would be appreciated to set my mind at ease.
Will
Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Hobie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a 3" leveling kit from Fat Bobs on my 04 FX4 and it looks like it is putting a ton of strain on my CV shafts and ball joints but I contacted them and they said it was fine, I also talked to two mechanics and they said that it was NOT good, but so far no problems (knocking on a ton of oak wood computer desk right now lol) and I am always driving through ditches and over curbs and junk so ya idk lol

Quick Reply: Ball Joints, cv shafts, and tie-rod ends