Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone used or seen eonon HUD's before?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:27 PM
BbR

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone used or seen eonon HUD's before?

Im looking at their f150 HUD for the truck. They even have the special adapter kit for the f150's harness, so thats nice. But I can't really find anything reviews, or people who have installed it in their trucks, on this particular model.

https://eonon.com/Car-GPS/Android-Ca...d/GA5173F.html
Old 01-04-2016, 06:47 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Idk if it was the same brand but there was a long thread about a head unit that looked very similar if not the same.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:55 AM
F150 Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just go Pioneer or something like that....
Old 01-05-2016, 08:52 AM

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Look here for a million pages of info on the Chinese android HU's: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=4+4+4....I had one in my old truck. They have potential but are a little buggy. You need patience, but there is constant ongoing software/hardware development for the units. Honestly, the only reason I switched to a Pioneer in my new truck was the fact that this HU has built-in Sirius support...Oh FYI, Eonon is a re-seller, not the manufacturer. That is identical to the unit I (still) have, there are only a handful of actual manufacturers, distinguishable by the MCU number.

Last edited by EBC-150; 01-05-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Mark

Received 2,422 Likes on 2,121 Posts

Originally Posted by BbR
Im looking at their f150 HUD for the truck. They even have the special adapter kit for the f150's harness, so thats nice. But I can't really find anything reviews, or people who have installed it in their trucks, on this particular model.

https://eonon.com/Car-GPS/Android-Ca...d/GA5173F.html

HUD = Heads Up Display
HU= Head Unit
Old 01-05-2016, 09:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

On the link you sent, there is a tab on the page labeled "installation". There are a few pictures that someone posted of the installed unit in his f150. Looks clean and nice. I have been considering one of these as well and also a non vehicle specific DVD one for the Explorer my son will start driving. keep us posted
Old 01-24-2016, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed this unit earlier this week. I am still working through some issues, but overall, I really like it. It ships with absolutely no installation instructions or operating manual. It is basically an android tablet with radio and DVD added, so it is fairly easy to figure out how to operate it. Eonon (as of this post) does not have any manuals for this specific HU on their website yet. They have a "generic" Android 4.4.4 manual, but the information does not match this HU. The website shows 126 as the password to get into factory settings, but it is actually 1688. You will need to go into factory settings to change the radio region to America. It comes set for Europe.

I haven't been able to get the led lights to illuminate when the dash lights are on. Another member has provided information on how to correct that. I haven't had time to try it. Their specs are wrong in regards to being able to select the LED colors. I wasn't thrilled with the red since all other LEDs on my dash are green. I was able to change these to match my existing dash led color.

If you have a subwoofer, you will have to hook the two RCA plugs on the small connector into the subwoofer out on the back of the HU. The RCA connectors are labeled "Aux In" which is incorrect. There is waaay too much bass. I have it turned all the way down. I have purchased a reducer. Will update this thread if it works.

As far as GPS, you will need to install your own app, or use Google Maps if you don't mind eating up your data. I have installed Mapfactor and Here maps. Both are free and have offline Maps. I didn't care for Mapfactor, but I really like Here Maps.

You will need to go into settings to select which GPS software to run before the NAV button works. That took me a while to figure out.

If you have the factory Sirius tuner, you will lose the ability to use it. This didn't bother me as I already use a portable Sirius unit so I can record shows to play back later.

The free backup camera supplied is OK, but I will probably change it out for a better one. It looks fine during the day, but grainy at night. At least it works when I put the truck in reverse.

It also wasn't exactly plug and play. I had to change a wire on the harness to get it to power up. No big deal.

Overall, it appears to be a solid unit. It is much better than other Chinese units I have tried before. If you do purchase one, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

Last edited by yepibrokeit; 01-25-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yepibrokeit
I just installed this unit earlier this week. I am still working through some issues, but overall, I really like it. It ships with absolutely no installation instructions or operating manual. It is basically an android tablet with radio and DVD added, so it is fairly easy to figure out how to operate it. Eonon (as of this post) does not have any manuals for this specific HU on their website yet. They have a "generic" Android 4.4.4 manual, but the information does not match this HU. The website shows 126 as the password to get into factory settings, but it is actually 1688. You will need to go into factory settings to change the radio region to America. It comes set for Europe.

I haven't been able to get the led lights to illuminate when the dash lights are on. Another member has provided information on how to correct that. I haven't had time to try it. Their specs are wrong in regards to being able to select the LED colors. I wasn't thrilled with the red since all other LEDs on my dash are green. I was able to change these to match my existing dash led color.

If you have a subwoofer, you will have to hook the two RCA plugs on the small connector into the subwoofer out on the back of the HU. The RCA connectors are labeled "Aux In" which is incorrect. There is waaay too much bass. I have it turned all the way down. I have purchased a reducer. Will update this thread if it works.

As far as GPS, you will need to install your own app, or use Google Maps if you don't mind eating up your data. I have installed Mapfactor and Here maps. Both are free and have offline Maps. I didn't care for Mapfactor, but I really like Here Maps.

You will need to go into settings to select which GPS software to run before the NAV button works. That took me a while to figure out.

If you have the factory Sirius tuner, you will lose the ability to use it. This didn't bother me as I already use a portable Sirius unit so I can record shows to play back later.

The free backup camera supplied is OK, but I will probably change it out for a better one. It looks fine during the day, but grainy at night. At least it works when I put the truck in reverse.

It also wasn't exactly plug and play. I had to change a wire on the harness to get it to power up. No big deal.

Overall, it appears to be a solid unit. It is much better than other Chinese units I have tried before. If you do purchase one, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.
I just installed this unit over the weekend. So far I am liking it. One thing I tried that doesn't seem to work is installing a different phone book and dialer. It just tells me I need mobile service or something like that. The stalk one that came installed works but I don't like it as well as the one on my phone. Thanks for the code to get into the factory settings. I had to change one wire to get it to power up as well. You are saying there is way to much bass. Did you go into the equalizer and turn the bass down there? Did you get led lights to illuminate when the dash lights are on? I haven't been able to figure that out. A shame there is no manual for this thing.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the-outdoorsman
I just installed this unit over the weekend. So far I am liking it. One thing I tried that doesn't seem to work is installing a different phone book and dialer. It just tells me I need mobile service or something like that. The stalk one that came installed works but I don't like it as well as the one on my phone. Thanks for the code to get into the factory settings. I had to change one wire to get it to power up as well. You are saying there is way to much bass. Did you go into the equalizer and turn the bass down there? Did you get led lights to illuminate when the dash lights are on? I haven't been able to figure that out. A shame there is no manual for this thing.
Sorry for the slow reply. I do have all the base turned down. I installed another music player that has its own equalizer, so I was able to turn the bass down even more. It is called Player Pro. I haven't had time lately to mess with the radio, but I did find a setting under factory settings to turn the LED on whenever the radio is powered on, so I haven't tried to hook it up to the dash lights.

I haven't tried to use a different dialer. I use Google Fi and it only has a requirement for wifi.

Quick Reply: Anyone used or seen eonon HUD's before?