Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

after market exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after market exhaust

i wanna put a set of true duals on my 06 fx4. I"m would like to use a set of flowmaster 50's as i don't want my truck to be to loud but still have a nice sound to it. people are complaining that they don't like the flowmasters and i was wandering why? Also could someone please explain to me what is i need to do actually have true duals. i mean with the catalatic converters. converting them to hiflo cats and all the sensors and the computer... will my engine light come on, will the truck not work right? i can always go to a catback kit but will i get the same noticeable power gains by going this route?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 PM

i have a flowmaster exhaust and love it, sounds great not too loud but a great low tone at idle. i just have one muffler with duals out the back but my power band was drastically changed from low end torque to high end torque.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Flowmaster also and I love them. My 5.4 has enough power and for exhaust I was looking more for sound over performance.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by kennythekid
i have a flowmaster exhaust and love it, sounds great not too loud but a great low tone at idle. i just have one muffler with duals out the back but my power band was drastically changed from low end torque to high end torque.
thats how mines set up just mine come out on the side. do you have the super40?

flowmasters are not bad at all. They do change the performance and have a great sound to them. The tips may also affect the sound, correct me if I'm wrong, though. I have got resonating tips.awesome
Old 11-13-2008, 10:29 PM

i have the super40 with 3.5'' tips that sound great
Old 11-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Flowmaster as well and I love the sound and performance. I was leaning towards the Borla system, but was not enthused about the pricetag and I was not obsessed with the extra little bit of perfrormance.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Buck

I have the Magnaflow duel straight out the back system and love the sound and performance. and looks great too! Check out pics.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:44 PM

I've got true duals with two Flowmaster 40's on my 08 F-150, seems to get up and go better now, but nothing worth raving about. I do love the sound! As for what all you will have to do to run true duals, the only thing different from running a SIDO exhaust, is that you'll have to cut the factory y-pipe out, and run two pipes back from there, other than that, no need to change the cats or anything, nothing else is touched, unless you just want to. Nothing wrong with Flowmasters at all, in my opinion the one's who claim they are junk are just mad that they didn't get 50HP from putting one on. Unless you are dealing with a built race engine, or trying to get every 1/32 HP you can get, a muffler is a muffler, get one that will give you the sound that you like. I prefer true duals if it can be done on what I've got, and it was a squeeze to get two Flows on the F-150, but it all fits nicely. As of right now, I've just got two turn-downs after the mufflers, had planned on tailpipes later on, but like the sound of it this way better, and I usually run with nothing after the mufflers anyway.

- JB

Quick Reply: after market exhaust