Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2007 F150 XLT - Vibration on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 F150 XLT - Vibration on acceleration

Hey everyone!

I have recently noticed a vibration with my truck, and I am hoping that someone here may be able to point me in the right direction of what the cause could be.

Intermittently, while driving I experience a slight vibration (feels like it is coming from the back wheels only). It is much more noticeable during acceleration from a dead stop, or an acceleration after using the break (for example, breaking while entering a yield and than accelerating into traffic). I have yet to notice the vibration in a situation where I am simply accelerating from a lower speed to a higher speed.

The vibration seems to be slightly worse during turns as well. However, if I don't use the break/accelerate from a full stop, I can drive in circles or figure eights without having the vibration act up at all.

I had a friend of mine take a look at it, and he did find a problem. (Apparently my parking break sensor cables had come off on both back wheels, so while the indicator light was not on, my parking breaks had been slightly engaged. After taking apart the back wheels, and cleaning things up, we were able to get the parking break fixed and the cable re-attached) While fixing this issue did get rid of the shudder I was having during breaking, it did not clear up the vibration I am talking about now (although it does feel like it helped a little)

I know there's a good chance that some of the vibration I am feeling is due to my rotor's being warped from driving with the parking break slightly engaged. But is there anything else that I should be looking at for the culprit of my problems? I have heard that installing a shim kit may help? Or that changing my diff fluid may be useful for this type of situation?

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated! I just wanna get my baby back to running smoothly!

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Ford, much?

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Automatic? Sounds like torque convertor shudder.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:20 AM

Yes, automatic. (Shes a 5.4L V8 4x4)
Old 07-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Ford, much?

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Going with my first guess on this one.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:30 AM

Alright, I will look into this being the problem... anything else you can think of as the problem?

Thank you!!

Quick Reply: 2007 F150 XLT - Vibration on acceleration