Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

06 f150 oem 20" wheels 2wd diffrence from 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 06 f150 oem 20" wheels 2wd diffrence from 4wd

Ok i am new to this this is my first post but i am having a delimma w/ deciding what to do with lifting my truck... ok i have an 06 f150 crew 2wd on stock oem 20" rims and 35" 12.50 nitto mud grapplers... i have a 3" leveling kit on the front and it came factory w/ a 1" rear block i have heard the fx2 have these blocks as well. well when i put the kit on the front it sits perfectly level. now, i was wondering if mine has the same front suspension as the 4wd models because i want to make it as high as possible in the front and put the 3" rear block in. because i know it shouldnt sit that level w/ only a 1" rear block the front would sit up higher but its not... can someone help me or let me know what to do?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Stock 2WD trucks sit 2" lower than stock 4WD trucks. I had a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck prior to the lift and actually sat a little higher in the front than the rear, but I had no block installed in the rear at the time. You couldn't tell I sat higher in the front merely by looking at it, but if you measured it you'd know there was a difference. So I could see how yours would sit level with a 3" kit in the front and a 1" block in the rear.

You currently have 35x12.50's on your truck right now? Have any rubbing issues with that? Rule of thumb to fit 35's on a 2WD is you need a suspension lift to accommodate them. I have 35x12.50's on my truck with a 6" suspension lift and have some slight rubbing so curious to hear how your's are working with a 3" leveling kit only.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:40 AM

the only time i saw 35's fit with a leveling kits was when my buddy added a 3in body lift and he had no rubbing issues and it sat kinda bulldog but it looked pretty good other than that ive only seen 33's with only a leveling kit. Do you have wheel spacers or a trimmed valance or something cause my buddy had to slightly trim the valance
Old 01-12-2009, 02:17 PM

no big issues at full lock they scrub on the front of the a arm a little not bad though.but you have to think these are mud grapplers and if you know these tires you know they have huge ***** on the side and if they didnt have those i dont think this truck would scrub at all. if someone isnt worried bout a little scrubbing then dont even question yourself whether to get 33s or 35s because 35s is the way to go, i love mine... the scrubbing isnt bad at all to me it took a little paint off the a-arm but no damage to the tires and unless you do alot of parking lot driving then you dont even have to worry bout it. and most off the time i dont even scrub in p.lots it just depends and i pull a landscaping trailer just about everyday and its still good(GOTA LOVE THEM FORDS).but i measured and the front is siting about an 1/2inch higher than the rear but still i dont think mine is the stock 2wd front end i think it is abount an inch lower than a 4wd front end because keep in mind mine came w/ the oem 20s and the rear is 1 inch so... i dont know what is going on but i think i am going to go get the 3 inch block for the rear but i dont want it to sit up 1.5 inches higher i just want it to sit up about 1 inch. any suggestions? does anybody know what the stock diffrence in the 4wd model is from front to rear? im guessing about 2.5 inches do to leveling kits making them 2.5 inches and making the truck level.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 PM

I have a 08 4wd and just put a 2" as leveling kit on and I have a factory 1" block in the rear. Measuring from the center of the wheel wells to the ground, my truck sits dead level.

Quick Reply: 06 f150 oem 20" wheels 2wd diffrence from 4wd