Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

04 4x4 f150 xlt electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 04 4x4 f150 xlt electrical issue

Hello all, new to the forum and hope this is the right place if so thanks in advance if not a push n the right direction with be much appreciated as well!!!

OK to start I put my first radio in a car about 35yrs ago and never had any problems, the colors have always matched up we'll they have cause I've always got a new wire harness for what ever I was putting in. We'll this time I wanted 2 save a lil so I used the one that I used 8 yrs ago when I changed the radio the first time. I've never seen this but almost all the colors were faded, so needless to say I touched the wrong wire n didn't realize it and the radio wouldn't work. It took me some time I checked fuses 7 and 31 cause the manual said radio well I didn't read close enough cause fuse 22 was the one that was blown. Well while sitting there trying to find what was wrong my batt. died so I tried to jump it. It took a couple of tries but started I chocked it up to draining the power but once I got the fuse fixed and "NEW" wire harness wired up try it start the truck and now all it does is crank, not sure if this is a part of or something that just happened as well but when I turn the key to the run position my "fuel hand doesn't move and my windows won't come down for about 10 to 15 seconds then I hear a click and hand goes up windows come down and also the radio comes on when the click happens. I've checked manual n looks like 401 circuit breaker controls delay power 4 windows, but my brains not quite getting it cause I used to do electrical work some yrs ago but I've never had a fuse or breaker work half way either there good or bad. So if anyone has any clue I could use any and all help please and thank you.

Last edited by ARE YOU; 05-06-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

Moved to 2004-2008. You're not new to the forum... you just haven't posted since 2010
Old 05-06-2016, 03:18 PM

Ok how do I get to the 04 section?
Old 05-06-2016, 03:19 PM

I'm using my phone and I do not see anything that reads 2004- 2008 ?
Old 05-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

No... I said I MOVED it to 2004-2008 for you already
Old 05-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by ARE YOU
Hello all, new to the forum and hope this is the right place if so thanks in advance if not a push n the right direction with be much appreciated as well!!!

OK to start I put my first radio in a car about 35yrs ago and never had any problems, the colors have always matched up we'll they have cause I've always got a new wire harness for what ever I was putting in. We'll this time I wanted 2 save a lil so I used the one that I used 8 yrs ago when I changed the radio the first time. I've never seen this but almost all the colors were faded, so needless to say I touched the wrong wire n didn't realize it and the radio wouldn't work. It took me some time I checked fuses 7 and 31 cause the manual said radio well I didn't read close enough cause fuse 22 was the one that was blown. Well while sitting there trying to find what was wrong my batt. died so I tried to jump it. It took a couple of tries but started I chocked it up to draining the power but once I got the fuse fixed and "NEW" wire harness wired up try it start the truck and now all it does is crank, not sure if this is a part of or something that just happened as well but when I turn the key to the run position my "fuel hand doesn't move and my windows won't come down for about 10 to 15 seconds then I hear a click and hand goes up windows come down and also the radio comes on when the click happens. I've checked manual n looks like 401 circuit breaker controls delay power 4 windows, but my brains not quite getting it cause I used to do electrical work some yrs ago but I've never had a fuse or breaker work half way either there good or bad. So if anyone has any clue I could use any and all help please and thank you.
there are no breakers in our trucks.. just fuses and relays.. sounds like when you touched the wrong wires together you cooked some other fuses. check them all.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:08 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
there are no breakers in our trucks.. just fuses and relays.. sounds like when you touched the wrong wires together you cooked some other fuses. check them all.
^^^

Example: from the 06 Owner''s Guide - just 'cause that's what I had on hand, short-notice:

401 - 30A Circuit breaker
Power windows, Moonroof, Power
sliding backlite

Jeebus, Mark - fellers look up to you a'roond hyur - it's incumbent upon y'all to at least perform due-diligence research/fact-checking befer ye post.

Aight? Thankee.

MGD

Last edited by MGD; 05-07-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

my bad ...never saw a circuit breaker in any of my power panels .. just fuses and relays.. where this breaker that can be re-set located ?

Quick Reply: 04 4x4 f150 xlt electrical issue