Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 12-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Strange problem!

So i was going through a drive through car wash today with my 2012 5.0,it seemed as soon as i started driving through the mist of water my truck started revving up and down on its own like from idle up to 1500. just up and down up and down. So i shut it off, started it back up (while still in the car wash with water spraying) and it didn't do it again. No engine light, no errors or anything, and it hasn't done it since.

Any of you have an explanation for what this may be. I know for a fact if i bring it to the dealer i will get the ( test drove and no issues were found) bs they give everyone with vehicles still on warranty.
2012 5.0 FX4. 3.73 rear end. Appearance Package. Pro Comp Level. 33.5" Duratracs. Magnaflow Exhaust. Custom Emblems and Tint. Grill Inserts. Retrofitted Headlights. Line-x Box Liner. AFE CAI. HID Fogs. Hardwired Radar Detector, Upgraded Speakers + Subs.
5.0FX4OFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #2

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

There is a TSB to flash the PCM.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pu...sb13-01-10.pdf

Here's a thread discussing it.

http://www.f150forum.com/f70/2012-f1...urging-176922/
Mods / Accessories: Luxury Package OEM Floor Mats LINE X Bakflip VP Tonneu Borla "ATAK" Exhaust Llumar CTX 20% Tint LED Lighting Int AVS Vent Shades Tailgate Assist Bilstein 5100 Shocks Retrofitted LED Fogs Clazzio Custom Seat Covers Amber Reflectors Swapped To Black Remote Starter bilinvic Retrofits HIDs
Azuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Ford Customer Service

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0FX4OFFROAD View Post
So i was going through a drive through car wash today with my 2012 5.0,it seemed as soon as i started driving through the mist of water my truck started revving up and down on its own like from idle up to 1500. just up and down up and down. So i shut it off, started it back up (while still in the car wash with water spraying) and it didn't do it again. No engine light, no errors or anything, and it hasn't done it since.

Any of you have an explanation for what this may be. I know for a fact if i bring it to the dealer i will get the ( test drove and no issues were found) bs they give everyone with vehicles still on warranty.
Hi 5.0FXOFFROAD,

I previously engaged with you on a thread offering my assistance; I would still like to look into this for you. Please send me a private message with your VIN, odometer reading, full name, and phone number. If I remember correctly, your servicing dealer was Thorncrest Ford. If you have switched to another one, please let me know which.

Also, before sending me this information, make you sure you take an appointment with your dealer at your earliest convenience. Once that is done, please get back to me with the information requested above along with your appointment's date and time so I can loop in your customer service manager.

Bianca

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordTrucks @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/FordCanada
FordServiceCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
POWWWERRR!!!!!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Your 5.0 obviously tried to go into Ecoboost mode!

THAT WAS A JOKE! I am 100% kidding

Hopefully you get it worked out
Old 12-06-2013, 04:38 PM

Tags
revving 5.0