Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Navigation not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2011 Navigation not working properly

The nav system on my 2011 with Sync has been acting up the last few months. It seems to have absolutely no idea where I am or which direction I'm heading 99% of the time. Every once in a while the GPS will get signal and locate me but then its off again with the little indicator showing "no GPS" in the upper left corner. I've tried looking through here and haven't seen a post directly on point. Some say to check the GPS antenna, it may be loose or disconnected, but I don't know where that is to check. Other posts mention a GPS module flash, but that seems to be on newer models. I was hoping maybe FordService could chime in and help me out.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:19 PM

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

The gps in my 07 did that when it fell off inside the dash. It still knew where I was sort of but it was way off on the map...like 3 roads over when i was on a different one.

Not sure where it is on the newer ones but probably the same spot. need to pull the center dash peices out to access it and its up by the driver side gauges. just follow the wire from the back on the headunit
Old 02-25-2014, 03:03 PM

After some more looking it seems that I might be able to reset it by pulling a fuse or disconnecting the negative battery cable. Any input from anyone on here with experience with this? I don't see how that would cause it to pick up satellite signal again. It has the correct time too, and when resetting that, it gets it right which I read is from satellite. Thanks again for the help.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

@uttlc, welcome to the forum. Check the home page for Crystal, our service rep here. Send her a PM with your mane, Vin, etc. We do have a tech rep, but can't remember her name. I'm sure Chrystal can contact her for you. With that, I know that disconnecting the neg. cable for a bit can cure a lot of ills these trucks have. I haven't witnessed it personally, but have read many threads of those that have. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by uttlc
The nav system on my 2011 with Sync has been acting up the last few months. It seems to have absolutely no idea where I am or which direction I'm heading 99% of the time. Every once in a while the GPS will get signal and locate me but then its off again with the little indicator showing "no GPS" in the upper left corner. I've tried looking through here and haven't seen a post directly on point. Some say to check the GPS antenna, it may be loose or disconnected, but I don't know where that is to check. Other posts mention a GPS module flash, but that seems to be on newer models. I was hoping maybe FordService could chime in and help me out.
Hey, uttlc!

My name is Rebecca; I'm filling in for Antonio while he's out of the office. We handle SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and some SiriusXM concerns. I suggesting making an appointment with your preferred Ford dealership to have your system and it's components checked out.

Rebecca
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey, uttlc!

My name is Rebecca; I'm filling in for Antonio while he's out of the office. We handle SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and some SiriusXM concerns. I suggesting making an appointment with your preferred Ford dealership to have your system and it's components checked out.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca. I knew you folks were out there somewhere.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey, uttlc!

Rebecca
Thanks! If the battery disconnect doesn't work, I'll have to do that.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:03 AM

Default Same GPS Issue

Any luck with the fix? I'm having the same issue. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:11 AM
13' Fx4 Ecoboost

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hey guys, i have a 2013 that had the same issue. after much looking up on these forums i disconnected my neg battery terminal for an hour atleast and put it back on. All was good to go after that and havent had a problem for the 4 or 5 months i did it since! good luck!@
Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 AM

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Quick Reply: 2011 Navigation not working properly