Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 rear door molex wire diagram

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 rear door molex wire diagram

Hi, I installed 4 kenwood 3 way 6x8's in my 09 screw, made the highs sound alot crisper and cleaner, but I felt the base was not as good. So yesterday I tried to install a infinity basslink.
When I attempted to splice into the high level speaker wires in the rear doors I found that I had the dreaded molex plug in the cab, Using trial and error I found the two speaker wires and taped into them before the molex plug on the left side and hooked up the powered sub. Thing seems to be working however I don't know which one is positive and which one is negative.
I would like to know if anyone can point me to a wire diagram before I hook up the sub to the right side, and so I can verify that I have hooked the positive and negative up correctly on the left.
Also, does anyone know is it detrimental to wire the high level ins backwards(positive to neg, and vice-versa) to the amp?
Thanks!!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Phase

What you want is to wire your sub for the correct phase, at your listening position. The only effective way to do this is by trial and error. Have someone connect the sub one way and then reverse the connections, while you are listening to music with a lot of low bass tones (or better yet, a low frequency sine wave from an audio oscillator). Whichever way you connect the wires that gives the greater output is the correct phasing for your installation. It might be different for someone sitting in a different seat due to the way low frequencies reinforce and cancel each other due to reflections within the cab. You can't cause damage by connecting it backwards if your amp's outputs are isolated from ground.

Quick Reply: 2009 rear door molex wire diagram