Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Bilsteins for lifted truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Bilsteins for lifted truck

[QUOTE=wrscpc07;4325643]
I currently have a 3" BL and 6" RC lift on my 05. RC kit comes with a huge 6" block spacer to sit on the struts. My front sits lower than the back and i want level so my options i believe are either:

bilstein strut for 4-6" of lift and add 2" spacer on that OR
bilstein strut for 0-2" of lift and keep my RC spacer

Im sure without the huge spacer itd be a smoother ride..but either option would work to replace my factory struts and level the truck?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Bilsteins for lifted truck-20150825_162506.jpg  
Old 09-11-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

All I can say is: I ran the 5100 at first. To achieve 2.5" ish of rise and it was pretty stiff for my liking. Added a 4" drop lift and lowered the bill down all the way. And it's still super stiff. Some like the stiff. I believe they are limited on travel as well. The down travel is Shiz. But I guess for the money it's not bad. But personally I'm getting off the Billy's ASAP . Unless went with a remote Rez style performance type. Got my eye on kings.
I believe they may be better than rancho, but h much I don't know. If you like it rough and just need a little lift. Maybe lose the spacer. Or less spacer. May help your angles/geometry a bit. At the least it'll look better ;
Old 09-11-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by dasswright
All I can say is: I ran the 5100 at first. To achieve 2.5" ish of rise and it was pretty stiff for my liking. Added a 4" drop lift and lowered the bill down all the way. And it's still super stiff. Some like the stiff. I believe they are limited on travel as well. The down travel is Shiz. But I guess for the money it's not bad. But personally I'm getting off the Billy's ASAP . Unless went with a remote Rez style performance type. Got my eye on kings.
I believe they may be better than rancho, but h much I don't know. If you like it rough and just need a little lift. Maybe lose the spacer. Or less spacer. May help your angles/geometry a bit. At the least it'll look better ;
My angles are perfect right now with just the 6" rc spacer. If I add 2" I know they will change but not by enough. I used to have just a 3" spacer in before I put the full lift kit in. Just debating on how I want to achieve the extra 2"..longer strut and 2" spacer or just a strut adjusted to 2 extra inches and keeping the spacer
Old 09-11-2015, 12:29 PM

I'm starting to thing the 0-2" struts will be the best option because then that's all I will need. If I get the 6" ones I would still need to also order a 2" spacer. And the 2" strut is cheaper
Old 09-19-2015, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my 2009 with 6" RCX and 0-2 Bilstien 5100 at top setting for ~8" lift on 37s. The factory upper control arms control the strut/spring before full droop, making front end work a PITA after install. Was it worth it? Yes.. Hope it helps you with decision.
Attached Thumbnails Bilsteins for lifted truck-img_2009.jpg   Bilsteins for lifted truck-img_2008.jpg  
Old 09-21-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by oniondip
Here is my 2009 with 6" RCX and 0-2 Bilstien 5100 at top setting for ~8" lift on 37s. The factory upper control arms control the strut/spring before full droop, making front end work a PITA after install. Was it worth it? Yes.. Hope it helps you with decision.
great thanks. i ordered the 4-6" and will set them at 5" and use my old 3" leveling spacer and achieve that 8" that way. Still knocks my 6" rc spacer now to 3"

Quick Reply: Bilsteins for lifted truck