Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Bilsteins for lifted truck

Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Bilsteins for lifted truck

[QUOTE=wrscpc07;4325643]
I currently have a 3" BL and 6" RC lift on my 05. RC kit comes with a huge 6" block spacer to sit on the struts. My front sits lower than the back and i want level so my options i believe are either:

bilstein strut for 4-6" of lift and add 2" spacer on that OR
bilstein strut for 0-2" of lift and keep my RC spacer

Im sure without the huge spacer itd be a smoother ride..but either option would work to replace my factory struts and level the truck?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Bilsteins for lifted truck-20150825_162506.jpg  
Old 09-11-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

All I can say is: I ran the 5100 at first. To achieve 2.5" ish of rise and it was pretty stiff for my liking. Added a 4" drop lift and lowered the bill down all the way. And it's still super stiff. Some like the stiff. I believe they are limited on travel as well. The down travel is Shiz. But I guess for the money it's not bad. But personally I'm getting off the Billy's ASAP . Unless went with a remote Rez style performance type. Got my eye on kings.
I believe they may be better than rancho, but h much I don't know. If you like it rough and just need a little lift. Maybe lose the spacer. Or less spacer. May help your angles/geometry a bit. At the least it'll look better ;
Old 09-11-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by dasswright
All I can say is: I ran the 5100 at first. To achieve 2.5" ish of rise and it was pretty stiff for my liking. Added a 4" drop lift and lowered the bill down all the way. And it's still super stiff. Some like the stiff. I believe they are limited on travel as well. The down travel is Shiz. But I guess for the money it's not bad. But personally I'm getting off the Billy's ASAP . Unless went with a remote Rez style performance type. Got my eye on kings.
I believe they may be better than rancho, but h much I don't know. If you like it rough and just need a little lift. Maybe lose the spacer. Or less spacer. May help your angles/geometry a bit. At the least it'll look better ;
My angles are perfect right now with just the 6" rc spacer. If I add 2" I know they will change but not by enough. I used to have just a 3" spacer in before I put the full lift kit in. Just debating on how I want to achieve the extra 2"..longer strut and 2" spacer or just a strut adjusted to 2 extra inches and keeping the spacer
Old 09-11-2015, 12:29 PM

I'm starting to thing the 0-2" struts will be the best option because then that's all I will need. If I get the 6" ones I would still need to also order a 2" spacer. And the 2" strut is cheaper
Old 09-19-2015, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my 2009 with 6" RCX and 0-2 Bilstien 5100 at top setting for ~8" lift on 37s. The factory upper control arms control the strut/spring before full droop, making front end work a PITA after install. Was it worth it? Yes.. Hope it helps you with decision.
Attached Thumbnails Bilsteins for lifted truck-img_2009.jpg   Bilsteins for lifted truck-img_2008.jpg  
Old 09-21-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by oniondip
Here is my 2009 with 6" RCX and 0-2 Bilstien 5100 at top setting for ~8" lift on 37s. The factory upper control arms control the strut/spring before full droop, making front end work a PITA after install. Was it worth it? Yes.. Hope it helps you with decision.
great thanks. i ordered the 4-6" and will set them at 5" and use my old 3" leveling spacer and achieve that 8" that way. Still knocks my 6" rc spacer now to 3"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bilsteins for lifted truck