Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

2006 Lariat fitment opinions please...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2006 Lariat fitment opinions please...

So I was hoping to pick up some information on the affect backspacing and offset would have on my truck different from OEM. I have an '06 Lariat Super Crew 4x4 and I'm wanting to make a change in look. I currently have the OEM 18" wheels with 275/65-18 tires on and plan going to 22's. Actually wanted to go with OEM 22's from '13 or '14 but not paying the outrageous price, even for slightly used takeoffs. So, on with the questions...

1. I plan on putting in either an AutoSpring or ReadyLift 2.5" or 3" full leveling kit. Are there any opinions about either mfgr or the size? I am not willing to do any trimming underneath.

2. I've settled on American Racing 22x9 Mainline wheels which are +35 offset/6.5" backspacing. OEM's are +44 offset (not sure of backspace), is this going to cause concern?

And last...
3. I've been leaning toward Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/40-22 for tires. These tires fall within the fitment of the rim, but assuming all other factors are good will the tires cause rubbing anywhere under there?

My truck, in case you were interested

2006, bought brand new, as of today has 20,434 miles on it...

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as the lift. 2.5 is the max I'd go. I wouldn't bother with the name brand. Get on eBay buy the cheapest aluminum ones you can. I think I paid $50 shipped for mine. They all do the same thing.
I had a 2008 with a 2.5 level and 305 55 r20s with +18 offset. I had zero rub so I cannot imagine why you would.
What do you do drive that thing once a month? Killer miles that truck will last forever.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lundee
As far as the lift. 2.5 is the max I'd go. I wouldn't bother with the name brand. Get on eBay buy the cheapest aluminum ones you can. I think I paid $50 shipped for mine. They all do the same thing.
I had a 2008 with a 2.5 level and 305 55 r20s with +18 offset. I had zero rub so I cannot imagine why you would.
What do you do drive that thing once a month? Killer miles that truck will last forever.

Shortly after I bought it my employer gave me a company truck. I got hurt in 8/2011 and had not driven anything until two weeks ago. So I figure as a YAY ME present for driving again I would dress up the truck a little.

I have been leaning toward the AutoSpring system because it is reasonably priced and comes with all components to lift/level the front and add some height to the rear with new blocks. I'm just a little uncertain with the 22's. I don't see that they won't work because they are coming off the line with 22's, but what I cannot get any answers for are how the difference in offset and backspacing from OEM will affect anything. As I said originally, I do not want to do any trimming of the wheel well or valance because the truck is like new.

Quick Reply: 2006 Lariat fitment opinions please...