Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sync shuts off Kenwood head unit instead of just muting ? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Blackplatinum

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sync shuts off Kenwood head unit instead of just muting ? Help!

I bought my 09 f150 a few months back and installed axxess wiring harness and dash kit. Everything functions with the harness but when I receive a call or the sync system comes on automatically for the vehicle maint report it shuts the head unit off and it has to turn back on and reboot. This is only really a problem when I am using the gps and trying to find my way and it just shuts it down is there a wire on the axxess harness that I should cut that is responsible for shuting the deck down?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder71173
I bought my 09 f150 a few months back and installed axxess wiring harness and dash kit. Everything functions with the harness but when I receive a call or the sync system comes on automatically for the vehicle maint report it shuts the head unit off and it has to turn back on and reboot. This is only really a problem when I am using the gps and trying to find my way and it just shuts it down is there a wire on the axxess harness that I should cut that is responsible for shuting the deck down?
You need to clip a wire on the axxess wiring harness to just mute it. I think it is brown but you can call them and they will help you
Old 11-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Blackplatinum

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You need to clip a wire on the axxess wiring harness to just mute it. I think it is brown but you can call them and they will help you
Ialled them and they told me to connect the brown wire to the harness and that didn't work either. I would really like to make this work but No one seems to know what wire I should clip on the axxess harness including metra so far. I have the frst harness.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same problem.. I called and thought this was something I shorted as the HU really shuts off/reboots after the Sync initializes (ie... I hit sync to say "bluetooth audio" or something) and boom. I called and the guy said said wire was 'Not used' in his information on the DDX375BT Kenwood. If you find anything let me know as I know this doesn't seem like expected behavior...

Greg
Old 08-27-2018, 06:01 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by gdyer911
Same problem.. I called and thought this was something I shorted as the HU really shuts off/reboots after the Sync initializes (ie... I hit sync to say "bluetooth audio" or something) and boom. I called and the guy said said wire was 'Not used' in his information on the DDX375BT Kenwood. If you find anything let me know as I know this doesn't seem like expected behavior...

Greg
After 5 years they probably don't even own the truck any more.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:11 PM

Greg

It is in the Sync wiring harness instructions.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Wyo....

I'll pull the unit out again this weekend... I did connect the (brn-blu/yel) harness radio but I'll review it again!

It is painful watching the thing reboot when I hit sync... but if you resolved your issue in the harness wiring that gives me some hope as the Axxess support guy said it's "Expected Behavior".

Thanks for the reply from a issue from the past -

Greg
Old 08-29-2018, 12:53 PM

Thanks Wyo....

I'll pull the unit out again this weekend... I did connect the (brn-blu/yel) harness radio but I'll review it again!

It is painful watching the thing reboot when I hit sync... but if you resolved your issue in the harness wiring that gives me some hope as the Axxess support guy said it's "Expected Behavior".

Thanks for the reply from a issue from the past -

Greg

If I remember it is the brown wire that needs to be clipped

Quick Reply: Sync shuts off Kenwood head unit instead of just muting ? Help!