Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Stereo upgrade to 2008 F150 supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo upgrade to 2008 F150 supercrew

Hey guys, this is my first time subscribing and paying to any forum. That being said, I've probably posted this in the wrong place. I have accumulated some stereo components over the last couple of years and am finally ready to install them. Took them to my local stereo shop and despite the fact that I know they will do an amazing job installing them, I don't want to pay the money. I have some skills in home theater and am ready to try my luck with car audio. Here is list of my components.
BOSTON acoustics component speaker set with Pro 50 woofer crossover and tweeter crossover. Fosgate T400-2 amp for a JL 13TW5-3 sub. I plan to purchase a Kenwood Excelon DDX9903S (is this head unit overboard, I want the capacitive screen and two usb ports is why I like this head unit as well as android auto) head unit. My question is which wiring kit should I use for my amp? The guy at the audio store said I should use an expensive wiring kit to run to the amp since it is an older amp and it was listed as $90 on the bill. Can I get a recommendation on a good amp wiring kit for this installation? By the way, I have a 2008 F150 XLT supercrew 4x4. Thanks in advance for any advice.