Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 F150 FM Radio Seeking/Skipping Reception

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 08:57 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 2013 F150 FM Radio Seeking/Skipping Reception

I wanted to see if anyone else has been having any issues or resolutions to something that just started with my truck this week. I have a 2013 F-150 STX with the basic Sync system. When listening to the normal FM radio stations, it randomly starts seeking as if reception has dropped, however I am in the same local area that i normally travel on a daily basis. For example, I will be listening to 94.9 a major country radio station here in Central PA and it will jump to 95.1 then to 94.7 and maybe after a few second back to normal 94.9. It may stay that way for a few minutes then start jumping around again. I can hit the preset station button on my radio and it jumps right to the station fine for 20-30 seconds then starts jumping around again....very confused??
Old 11-26-2016, 02:25 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by STX196
I wanted to see if anyone else has been having any issues or resolutions to something that just started with my truck this week. I have a 2013 F-150 STX with the basic Sync system. When listening to the normal FM radio stations, it randomly starts seeking as if reception has dropped, however I am in the same local area that i normally travel on a daily basis. For example, I will be listening to 94.9 a major country radio station here in Central PA and it will jump to 95.1 then to 94.7 and maybe after a few second back to normal 94.9. It may stay that way for a few minutes then start jumping around again. I can hit the preset station button on my radio and it jumps right to the station fine for 20-30 seconds then starts jumping around again....very confused??
Sounds like the radio tuner
Old 11-28-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea i was along the same line of thinking as well. I have not driven the truck in a few days and on the way to work today it worked as normal and never had any issues skipping. Who knows? lol