Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sony XAV-64bt in 2010 Stx Thoughts and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sony XAV-64bt in 2010 Stx Thoughts and Questions

Im putting what I call the ultimate AV setup in my STX. This thing will be awesome for tailgating, Got a Sony XAV-64bt from cutchfield, Sirius, a DTV tuner, and HD Radio and a koolertron backup camera. Also picked up some Sony XS-GT5727A 5" x 7" 2-way Speakers to upgrade the el cheapo factory ones.

The head unit is sweet has DVD, streams BT audio, the BT phone features are also nice. Also controls pandora. ipod.

Probably the biggest annoyances are the parking brake thing need to find a work around for that and the pack interface for the unit and all its wires and how tight the panel clips were for the traction control hazard and passenger airbag light.

Digital tv tuner and HD radio are not installed yet. Thinking about installing them underneath a seat since underdash space is limited.

I will get those done on probably on friday, along with the speakers once the issues with sat radio are worked out.

Im having an issue with the sony interface that connects to the satellite radio tuner(snysc1), when I touch the sirius button on the screen, the sirius displays on the screen, but no channel info and no audio not even a preview channel. I am guessing that the snysc1 sony interface is bad because the SC1 sirius tuner was working this morning when it was hooked to my factory radio. I dont think its a power issue because when power to the snysc1 is removed the sirius option on the screen goes away. Anyone have any thoughts on the sirius issue?

Anyone have a work around for the parking brake video off thing? Im not intending to use the video while driving its just a pain to set the parking brake to use the video side.

I also am considering the alpine power pack as an amp for the whole system anyone have any thoughts on it?

I will have to post some pictures of the install when done.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:22 AM
F150 Forum

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The snysc1 could be getting low voltage. You could ensure it is getting a true 12v. Also it's possible that the ground connection is weak. Also could be a bad snysc1.

As far as the KTP power pack, it is a great piece for adding a little more umph
http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rF15c11...h=KTP&skipvs=T

However if you want more volume and clarity, overall better sound a real amplifier will probably suite you better.
Sound Ordnance are a great value: All currently on sale
http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rF15c111/g_120/All-Car-Amplifiers.html?search=Sound+Ordnance+VENDORID777& searchdisplay=Sound+Ordnance

I also really love the flexibility of a 5 channel amplifier.

http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rF15c111/g_347150/5-channel-Amplifiers.html?tp=35808
Old 08-15-2012, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigpapa7272

Anyone have a work around for the parking brake video off thing? Im not intending to use the video while driving its just a pain to set the parking brake to use the video side.
Its a pretty simple work around just connect the long light green wire to ground. Thats it.

Also I was wondering if you could help me out.
I have the same exact head unit and I just hooked up a rear view camera. the camera powers on and works fine, except the only way I can view it, is if I go to settings, general and mess with the settings. Have you got yours to turn on anytime you go in reverse? If so, did you have to do anything special I swear the manual doesn't say anything and I've been through the menus a hundred times. Thanks

Also where did you get a digital tuner for it? Link?

Last edited by trynot24getthis; 08-15-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Adding Question
Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 AM
F150 Forum

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This works for ATSC (HDTV) and the MH-ATSC or Mobile HDTV protocol. Stations are still converting over to the mobile platform, they keep promising soon.

http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rF15c11...-TV-Tuner.html

For a listing of channels in your area check this out.
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php
The following users liked this post:
bigpapa7272 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by trynot24getthis
Its a pretty simple work around just connect the long light green wire to ground. Thats it.

Also I was wondering if you could help me out.
I have the same exact head unit and I just hooked up a rear view camera. the camera powers on and works fine, except the only way I can view it, is if I go to settings, general and mess with the settings. Have you got yours to turn on anytime you go in reverse? If so, did you have to do anything special I swear the manual doesn't say anything and I've been through the menus a hundred times. Thanks

Also where did you get a digital tuner for it? Link?

Have not yet but there is a reverse wire on the back of the head unit. I read somewhere where someone just looped it around and connected to the same wire and the camera worked
Old 08-15-2012, 06:24 PM

Well I got a new tuner yesterday via UPS, still the same issue. I took a Multimeter to the power and ground lines, I am getting 12 volts. So Power Issue can be ruled out. Did not have a chance to change the IP bus cable, I think that may be the problem, since when I unhooked the SC1 tuner I didnt get a no signal message. I'll have to try the new IP bus cable tommorrow, if its not that then it has to be the SC1 tuner. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, I pulled it out and noticed the wire, and I connected it to the reverse lights, works perfectly. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Sony XAV-64bt in 2010 Stx Thoughts and Questions