Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Replacing non nav system with OEM nav system

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacing non nav system with OEM nav system

Anyone ever taken out the 6 disc changer and replaced it with the OEM nav system? I have a 2011 XLT crewcab that came with the bland stock stereo and am looking to upgrade to the double din system. I don't necessarily need the nav, but the back up camera would be a great addition.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by FuryPop
Anyone ever taken out the 6 disc changer and replaced it with the OEM nav system? I have a 2011 XLT crewcab that came with the bland stock stereo and am looking to upgrade to the double din system. I don't necessarily need the nav, but the back up camera would be a great addition.
Someone in a past thread said they did. Just make sure that the wiring harnesses will match up.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Doesn't come with, it won't work. Nav trucks have at least 1 wire that non-nav don't. I got 1500 in and a month, going over wiring diagrams with the parts mgr. and getting parts in, only to come down to 1 wire. Cannot be replicated to make factory nav work.

There is NO ONE on here or elsewhere that has gotten a factory nav into a non-nav 11+ truck. I may have been the one that got the farthest but close doesn't work.

Quick Reply: Replacing non nav system with OEM nav system