Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Question Mounting Amplifier 2014 f150 STX Crew Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question Mounting Amplifier 2014 f150 STX Crew Cab

I have a 2014 f150 stx crew cab, no sliding back window or rear window defrost (with the heat electric lines or whatver).

I have done my own stereo installs in my previous cars, emphasis on the cars part because this is my first truck i have owned, and I need help with the amp install.

I have already mounted them on the back wall, literally like an idiot i was conned by a friend who said just use self tapping screws and it will hold and be fine.

Well, it looks like **** and I really hate that I cut corners because I want it to be right. I want to remove the amps off the wall, fix my mistake and mount MDF or plywood and mount that to the wall then mount my amps.

How should i go about mounting the MDF. I really do not like the possibilty of screwing through and through the cab but if there is somewhat of a "professional" way to do it, i am all ears.

Thanks in advance, i'm sure stumped.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:08 PM
Mass Effect

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

What I intend to do is use some of the existing bolts on the bottom of the floor behind the seat. The amp board will mount to that. Another poster here actually came up with the idea and I'm just gonna steal it. Can't remember which thread it was tho. Search around some of the recent build threads and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:48 AM

@_MacLeod_ when do you think you will be doing this? Also, Dont you think it will somewhat rattle if there is alot of bass? I am going to have 2 full 12 inch subs in a center console box
Old 02-23-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 2010 XLT SuperCrew and wanted a simple upgrade. Added a 5 channel amp to a piece of MDF and then used liquid nails to attach it to back wall of cab. You'll need to cut out a portion of the insulation, but it worked fine for me. No rattles and no screws through the sheet metal.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:47 PM
Mass Effect

Originally Posted by Kris Graci
@_MacLeod_ when do you think you will be doing this? Also, Dont you think it will somewhat rattle if there is alot of bass? I am going to have 2 full 12 inch subs in a center console box
My plan is to get everything in this weekend. Hopefully I can get it done and nothing unexpected will come up like it always does.

Here is the post showing the bolts I was talking about. https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2015-f...1/#post4327904
Old 03-02-2017, 12:16 PM

@_MacLeoad_ make a post or post pictures when you are done?
Old 03-02-2017, 03:17 PM

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Uhm.... are you talking about BUILDING a center console for the rear LARGE enough to fit 2 12" subs? Have no idea how your planning to pull this off, especially when there is uncertainty about how/where to mount an amp. Now dont go getting mad at me...lol im just curious as a cat because I just can see 2 normal 12" subs installed as you say without either giving up ALOT of space or having it look like ****. Would be nice if your able to do so, however. Pics of your previous installs.....any of them?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Mass Effect

@_MacLeoad_ make a post or post pictures when you are done?
Had to pause for work. Got training all this week and then back to my regular shift Saturday and Sunday. I'm off again Monday so hopefully I can get started again. Should be finished by this weekend at the latest.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2016BoostedGreyGoose
Uhm.... are you talking about BUILDING a center console for the rear LARGE enough to fit 2 12" subs? Have no idea how your planning to pull this off, especially when there is uncertainty about how/where to mount an amp. Now dont go getting mad at me...lol im just curious as a cat because I just can see 2 normal 12" subs installed as you say without either giving up ALOT of space or having it look like ****. Would be nice if your able to do so, however. Pics of your previous installs.....any of them?
The amps are already mounted to the back wall. I did a ****ty rigged job and this post was about exploring options to fix that. The center console box I am getting built will be either made out of MDF or fiberglass (havent decided, meeting with my friend's dad who just built one for his truck) and it can fit 2 12" subs. I am not building a center console for the rear. It is going between the 2 front seats where my current center console is. I definitely have enough room to fit the 12s.