Pioneer HU Upgrade Problems - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Pioneer HU Upgrade Problems

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2014, 06:56 AM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
13_SCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default Pioneer HU Upgrade Problems

So sorry guys, as this topic has probably been discussed before. Installing a Pioneer double din in a friends 2011 FX4 w/ Sony system. Used the MS-FRD1 and can't get the USB for Sync to work. Also having problems programming the SWI-RC for the steering wheel controls. A link to a How-To or any tips would be amazing!
13_SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 3,009
Thanked 275 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13_SCREW View Post
So sorry guys, as this topic has probably been discussed before. Installing a Pioneer double din in a friends 2011 FX4 w/ Sony system. Used the MS-FRD1 and can't get the USB for Sync to work. Also having problems programming the SWI-RC for the steering wheel controls. A link to a How-To or any tips would be amazing!
Aftermarket radio must be set to Aux Input Mode to hear SYNC® USB,
Bluetooth Media, Satellite Radio or Line In audio. Phone call audio & SYNC®
Voice Prompts will always be heard no matter what mode your aftermarket
radio is in.

What problems are you having with the SWI-RC? You have the dail turned to 7 fro the Pioneer correct?
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
13_SCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I turned it to Aux and nothing comes out. Even hot the voice command and changed it to USB and nothing will play.

With the SWI-RC, I have it set to 7 and on program mode 2, but every time I try to program the functions, none of them work. I used the harness from the MS - FRD1 instead of the supplied harness. Could that cause the problem?
13_SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:19 AM   #4
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
13_SCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

So I went through and undid everything and hooked it all back up. When I hit the Voice Command button, and say USB, it goes to the iPod Mini and I can faintly hear it playing. It even shows the band and song on the factory LCD screen so I know it's switching to the USB port. The problem I'm having is I have no control over the volume. Any inputs?
13_SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 3,009
Thanked 275 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13_SCREW View Post
So I went through and undid everything and hooked it all back up. When I hit the Voice Command button, and say USB, it goes to the iPod Mini and I can faintly hear it playing. It even shows the band and song on the factory LCD screen so I know it's switching to the USB port. The problem I'm having is I have no control over the volume. Any inputs?
Pretty sure there is a volume adjustment somewhere. It is in the softwae and not a dial, etc.
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
13_SCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post
Pretty sure there is a volume adjustment somewhere. It is in the softwae and not a dial, etc.
Are you talking about in the Sync system or in the HU itself?
13_SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
13_SCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I'm thinking it has to be something with Sync. The USB works fine when plugged into the back of the Pioneer.
13_SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 3,009
Thanked 275 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13_SCREW View Post
I'm thinking it has to be something with Sync. The USB works fine when plugged into the back of the Pioneer.
I would call PAC if I were you
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #9
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
13_SCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Could it be the mute loop as mentioned in the MS-FRD1 instructions?


http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_020311.pdf
13_SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #10
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 3,009
Thanked 275 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13_SCREW View Post
Could it be the mute loop as mentioned in the MS-FRD1 instructions?


http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_020311.pdf
The mute loop is used when sync comes on it mutes the system. Sometimes it will cause the HU to turn off when sync comes on in which case the brown wiore needs to be cut.
I am wondering how he has the input connected for sync? You need to take the red and white RCA and adapt it to whatever size the HU's aux input is. Most cases it is 3.5mm jack
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
North Central: Car Audio stuff for sale Phil1 General F150 Items 1 09-28-2015 09:07 AM
F-150 Audio System kmpconley 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 19 09-26-2015 12:00 AM
Little to almost no power while towing reader585 Maintenance Shop 2 09-10-2015 09:10 AM
Subwoofer upgrade only jb502 2015 - Present Ford F150 1 09-09-2015 03:20 PM
after market in dash unit and aux + harness? wileycat 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 3 09-06-2015 09:30 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Copyright © 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com