Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New build/review

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 12:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New build/review

Long time lurker and finally got a stereo installed so I wanted to share feedback. I have a 2013 supercrew non Sony. I replaced all four door speakers with JBL 6x8 speakers running off the stock 4.2 LCD screen. Ive been wanting a sub/amp to run but have been indecisive as i was concerned about running g a shallow mount sub, 1 or 2 subs, etc.

I'm 37 now and had loud stereos in the past so I wanted something that could get decently loud but be able to carry kids around and wife. I went with a JBL GTX 500 mono amp, Image Dynamics ID10, audiocontrol lc2i, and a single 10 atrend sealed box.

I have about $500 in equipment spent and install was $200. I'm more than pleased! Mods and highs are very clear and balanced while only running off stock deck. The sub is perfect. Plenty of low end, loud enough to rattle mirrors, kick your backseat and no distort. I wanted a full sized sub and so happy I did as the ID10 sounds phenomenal. I'm surprised more people don't run this sub as it was only $130, has a mounting depth of under 5.25 and sounds great on everything. Play rap it handles everything with ease and has lots of authority. Rock/metal is punchy and tight.

If you are looking for a low cost high end upgrade this setup is hard to beat. Hope this helps others.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:54 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mc01ta
Long time lurker and finally got a stereo installed so I wanted to share feedback. I have a 2013 supercrew non Sony. I replaced all four door speakers with JBL 6x8 speakers running off the stock 4.2 LCD screen. Ive been wanting a sub/amp to run but have been indecisive as i was concerned about running g a shallow mount sub, 1 or 2 subs, etc.

I'm 37 now and had loud stereos in the past so I wanted something that could get decently loud but be able to carry kids around and wife. I went with a JBL GTX 500 mono amp, Image Dynamics ID10, audiocontrol lc2i, and a single 10 atrend sealed box.

I have about $500 in equipment spent and install was $200. I'm more than pleased! Mods and highs are very clear and balanced while only running off stock deck. The sub is perfect. Plenty of low end, loud enough to rattle mirrors, kick your backseat and no distort. I wanted a full sized sub and so happy I did as the ID10 sounds phenomenal. I'm surprised more people don't run this sub as it was only $130, has a mounting depth of under 5.25 and sounds great on everything. Play rap it handles everything with ease and has lots of authority. Rock/metal is punchy and tight.

If you are looking for a low cost high end upgrade this setup is hard to beat. Hope this helps others.
Good install. I always encourage just changing the door speakers and adding a powered sub first