Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

HELP!!! DNX9990HD Double Din and Sub Instalation

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! DNX9990HD Double Din and Sub Instalation

I have a 2011 Ford F150 XLT 4D and am looking to do a few things to it but have no clue what I need. My friend knows how to do the install but told me to find out everything that we need. I want to install a double din radio and a sub/amp under the back seats.

The new head unit I am putting in is the Kenwood DNX9990HD. I do have sync but do not use/need it so I am not interested in the maestro unit to make them work together. I need to know what parts (everything from wires to harnesses) I will need to do this myself. I do have steering wheel controls and would like to keep those.

I also want to put either one 10" or 1 12" sub under the seats in the back. I am going to build a custom box and was hoping somebody had dimensions that might help. My plan is to have it run under the whole back seat and have the sub and amp mounted and the rest a bin for storage. Also if anyone could tell me where to find the carpeting for the outside of the box and anything I need as far as connectors to put on the box.

As for the sub do I need to get a certain kind? I think I saw some that were labeled as "Shallow"? I am open for suggestions here.

AMP: I am open for suggestions here. How many whats should the amp be compared to the max amp of the sub?

What wires/ harnesses/ etc. will I need to install the sub/amp.

ANY HELP/SUGGESTION/VIDEOS/LINKS would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would go ahead and get the maestro, it literally makes the install...maybe 45 minutes tops everything is flashed into the module and its all plug and play you just have to attach your power ground remote and speaker wires (I didn't have to do the speaker wires I run everything off my amps). I am going to do a write up but why not just keep sync? The stock Bluetooth microphone placement is the best place you can put it, reception wise, plus with that radio you get to have a lot of features. But just run a search for 2010 f 150 head unit install on google and it will pull up macaboo's videos and if you have a center flow thru console you will have to move itback to access the bottom of the ac vents panel to pop out the radio face. It's an easy job but can be a pita without the proper harness..
The following users liked this post:
12V Guy (03-04-2013)

Quick Reply: HELP!!! DNX9990HD Double Din and Sub Instalation