Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Stereo/Audio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Amp Advice?

I'm pretty new when it comes to anything audio related. I did a bunch of research last night and think I got it down (somewhat). I'm planning for a head unit to get the Kenwood DNN770HD. For speakers I plan to upgrade to Kenwood KFC-C6895PS. Can somebody suggest an amp for these speakers? I've seen it mentioned of people using small amps and mounting them in the dash, so that would be great, but if I need a bigger amp I can put it elsewhere. As of right now I'm thinking of putting a single sub under the back seat (I have an 04 Supercab) but haven't looked much into it. Any suggestions on a sub/amp for that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.
bgeorge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeorge87 View Post
I'm pretty new when it comes to anything audio related. I did a bunch of research last night and think I got it down (somewhat). I'm planning for a head unit to get the Kenwood DNN770HD. For speakers I plan to upgrade to Kenwood KFC-C6895PS. Can somebody suggest an amp for these speakers? I've seen it mentioned of people using small amps and mounting them in the dash, so that would be great, but if I need a bigger amp I can put it elsewhere. As of right now I'm thinking of putting a single sub under the back seat (I have an 04 Supercab) but haven't looked much into it. Any suggestions on a sub/amp for that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.
What is your budget and don't be afraid to mix speaker brands?
Old 08-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post
What is your budget and don't be afraid to mix speaker brands?
I honestly haven't really thought about the budget as I don't really have one, but I would like to stay as cheap as possible. My fiance is buying the head unit for me for our anniversary and I already bought the speakers (under $100 for all 4). As for brands I don't really care if they are mixed between the amp/speakers/sub. I'm looking at this
but just don't know enough about subs and what's good. I don't need it to be super bassy, but enough where you can hear/feel it. I also have some 14 gauge speaker wire laying around so I'll probably run all new wiring as well.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeorge87 View Post
I honestly haven't really thought about the budget as I don't really have one, but I would like to stay as cheap as possible. My fiance is buying the head unit for me for our anniversary and I already bought the speakers (under $100 for all 4). As for brands I don't really care if they are mixed between the amp/speakers/sub. I'm looking at this sub box but just don't know enough about subs and what's good. I don't need it to be super bassy, but enough where you can hear/feel it. I also have some 14 gauge speaker wire laying around so I'll probably run all new wiring as well.
I guess if anybody can tell me what I did wrong with that 'sub box' link that would be great also. I used the 'insert link' button and expecting the words 'sub box' to just be a link. hmmmm?

edit: It shows up how I expected it to in my quote. That's weird.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:54 PM