Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Almost done with my slightly cool audio upgrade..

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 11:11 PM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Almost done with my slightly cool audio upgrade..

So now that I have my newish 2013, the first thing I noticed is that the audio system with the 4.2 screen is hooorrrriibly powerless. So, from the stuff I ripped out of my old truck, I'm making some tweeks to make this one right from the floor up. Although I'm going in the right direction, I need some assistance with the final piece: the head unit.

I have 2 JL w3v3 10s thatll go under the seat, just bought Hertz components and matching coaxial for the doors, a kenwood exceleron 5 channel amp, and hushmat for the floor and doors. I'm very picky about customizing my audio, and just overall fluid transition from stereo to bluetooth to ipod, etc. So whos had some great experiences with the stereo they installed? id love some feedback on compatibility and how well it does adjusting and pushing everything! Thanks guys!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can check my build log - however I don't have the 4.2" I have the full 8" myfordtouch screen. How I factory integrated it was tapping the signal AFTER the factory amp. I got 4 channels from front left & right mids, and the left and right rears and put that signal into an Audison Bit Ten D. From there it went into my Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 and then I ran all new speaker wire to all 4 doors. The bit ten thus far has handled the factory sony signal flawlessly, I have full functionality and everything in my truck sounds really good. Also did sound dampener on all 4 doors and back wall.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:13 PM
Goombah Stomper

For as much as I keep looking around, Noone but Metra makes a damn dash kit for the 4.2, and it looks horrible! ADCMOBILE had one coming out that was perfect, but they discontinued it?! That will hold me back completely from a head unit
Old 04-01-2015, 11:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JorgeRod54
For as much as I keep looking around, Noone but Metra makes a damn dash kit for the 4.2, and it looks horrible! ADCMOBILE had one coming out that was perfect, but they discontinued it?! That will hold me back completely from a head unit
I'm satisfied with my signal to my processor but don't get me wrong if I could I'd choose an aftermarket head unit every time for the SQ
Old 04-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Goombah Stomper

Originally Posted by KBT2011

I'm satisfied with my signal to my processor but don't get me wrong if I could I'd choose an aftermarket head unit every time for the SQ
That's what I've decided to do. Just get all my audio installed and wait on the head unit. Right now I'm finally learning the Sync system and all that kind of stuff, so I'll just roll with it. Now to save up 1500 to have every single piece installed...
Old 04-10-2015, 06:17 PM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

This: https://www.f150forum.com/f30/maestr...screen-297206/

Quick Reply: Almost done with my slightly cool audio upgrade..