Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket System w/ iDatalink Maestro Install Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Aftermarket System w/ iDatalink Maestro Install Video

Hey guys I'm new here, but in my recent search to find more information about installing a system in a 09+ F150, I recently found these forums.

I was having trouble understanding exactly everything I had to do in order to hook up an aftermarket HU with an iDatalink Maestro module so I could keep my steering wheel controls and Sirius radio, so I decided to make a video on my system install.

It's long and comprehensive, but I thought it might help someone who was searching on exactly how to do this, was a beginner at installing systems and possibly looking on this forum for help.

The video is located

Thanks!

Last edited by Greeney; 06-09-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:29 PM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Greeney
Hey guys I'm new here, but in my recent search to find more information about installing a system in a 09+ F150, I recently found these forums.

I was having trouble understanding exactly everything I had to do in order to hook up an aftermarket HU with an iDatalink Maestro module so I could keep my steering wheel controls and Sirius radio, so I decided to make a video on my system install.

It's long and comprehensive, but I thought it might help someone who was searching on exactly how to do this, was a beginner at installing systems and possibly looking on this forum for help.

The video is located HERE

Thanks!
The info about not being able to use sat tuner and Maestro was from the very first generation Kenwood radios only. It hasn't been the case since 2012 to now.

You can use firefox or chrome to flash, but an add-in is needed to emulate IE so the Active X plugin can work. It's an advanced topic so we don't tell people they can do it. Most savvy web users know how to do this anyway. We are working on long term solution to get away from PC/IE combo.

Thanks for the video. It's really nice.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by 12V Guy
The info about not being able to use sat tuner and Maestro was from the very first generation Kenwood radios only. It hasn't been the case since 2012 to now.

You can use firefox or chrome to flash, but an add-in is needed to emulate IE so the Active X plugin can work. It's an advanced topic so we don't tell people they can do it. Most savvy web users know how to do this anyway. We are working on long term solution to get away from PC/IE combo.

Thanks for the video. It's really nice.
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately during my searches, the most common results were the forums from here multiple years ago stating you could not use Sirius and Maestro. I'm hoping that maybe this video and thread will be able to clear up some of that or at least help someone install a Maestro. Very happy with it so far.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:49 PM
F150 Forum

Good to hear and thanks for positive feedback. They are hard to find for sure. Here are some relevant ones:
https://www.f150forum.com/f30/maestr...ention-192560/
https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2014-k...update-246844/
Old 07-16-2015, 11:48 AM

I know that this thread is a month old, but I also am installing a very similar system. The difference is no amp or sub. I caught one little bit around the 1.11:00 mark where you mentioned a right rear speaker not working. You said something about the harness. Can you elaborate because I have a left rear that is not working.

thanks!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:43 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by jester0618
I know that this thread is a month old, but I also am installing a very similar system. The difference is no amp or sub. I caught one little bit around the 1.11:00 mark where you mentioned a right rear speaker not working. You said something about the harness. Can you elaborate because I have a left rear that is not working.

thanks!
What is your configuration

Stock audio you had?
Radio installed?
Interface installed?
Old 07-17-2015, 10:22 AM

The stock audio was sync, but no nav, and both left speakers went out leading me to upgrade the entire system. I first installed a Pioneer plain jane double din with a PAC interface. This setup left me empty. I didn't like the lcd screen reading DVD constantly and always displaying "volume up" or whatever was pressed last. I have a Pioneer AVH-X3700 on order with the Maestro kit so almost identical to the video. I fixed the drivers front speaker (loose wire?) but the left rear is still non functioning (stock speaker)

I tried to put pig tails into the factory plug and connect to a spare speaker I had removed from another install, but am getting nothing.

Hope this info helps. Monday will be the new stereo install.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:26 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

The stock audio was sync, but no nav, and both left speakers went out leading me to upgrade the entire system. I first installed a Pioneer plain jane double din with a PAC interface. This setup left me empty. I didn't like the lcd screen reading DVD constantly and always displaying "volume up" or whatever was pressed last. I have a Pioneer AVH-X3700 on order with the Maestro kit so almost identical to the video. I fixed the drivers front speaker (loose wire?) but the left rear is still non functioning (stock speaker)

I tried to put pig tails into the factory plug and connect to a spare speaker I had removed from another install, but am getting nothing.

Hope this info helps. Monday will be the new stereo install.
So you are using the factory speaker wiring. Check connections at your wiring adapter first. Then try hooking up a different speaker. Then eliminate the factory speaker wire by running a new wire to the factory speaker.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:42 PM

Yeah, I'm not as comfortable with the plug connector at the driver door to do that. Molex connectors I think. But, I guess it can't be any harder than pulling an engine and rebuilding it (old car).
Old 07-17-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Yeah, I'm not as comfortable with the plug connector at the driver door to do that. Molex connectors I think. But, I guess it can't be any harder than pulling an engine and rebuilding it (old car).
There is a photo on here where to drill a hole but I would just string a wire over the seats to see if it is the wire before I go thru the Molex

Quick Reply: Aftermarket System w/ iDatalink Maestro Install Video