Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2014 Kenwood Radios and Maestro Ford Solution Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:48 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts
Default 2014 Kenwood Radios and Maestro Ford Solution Update

Hi everyone,

Kenwood has announced the 2014 lineup so I wanted to pass on the information about what models work with Maestro and what features you get.

Double DIN AV (non-navigation) radios:

DDX271 - This is a simple and cost effective unit if all you want to do is retain Sync. It does not have any of the bells and whistles, nor does it have Bluetooth embedded so you will need to use Sync for that. It also is the only unit that connects to Maestro with the SXI DIN cable (ADS-HRN(SX)-ALL01) and because of that you cannot use both Maestro and add the SXV200 sat tuner. You will have to make a choice.

DDX5901HD, DDX7701HD, DDX8901HD - These are new platform AV units with beefed up processors. They have all the features of the 2013 models as listed here: https://www.f150forum.com/f30/maestr...ention-192560/ They have dedicated port for Maestro so you can use both Maestro and SXV200 tuner (same as last year's models).

They also add support for CLOCK output so we can now display the time on the secondary screen at top of dash.

Double DIN Navigation Radios:

DNX571HD, DNX691HD, DNX771HD, DNX891HD - These are new platform Navigation units. They have all the features of the 2013 models as listed here: https://www.f150forum.com/f30/maestr...ention-192560/ They have dedicated port for Maestro so you can use both Maestro and SXV200 tuner (same as last year's models).

They also add support for CLOCK output so we can now display the time on the secondary screen at top of dash.

Double DIN Network Connected Navigation Radios:

DNN770HD (carry over from 2013), DNN991HD - These are Android based, wi-fi enabled Navigation units. They have all the features of the 2013 models as listed here: https://www.f150forum.com/f30/maestr...ention-192560/ They have dedicated port for Maestro so you can use both Maestro and SXV200 tuner (same as last year's models).

The DNN991HD adds support for CLOCK output so we can now display the time on the secondary screen at top of dash.

Hope this is helpful. In addition, Alpine and Pioneer have announced compatible radios but I will detail them in separate posts.

Cheers,
The following users liked this post:
hckymeyer (02-14-2014)
Old 02-13-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this will replace the 2013 4.2 lcd screen and maestro will work?
Old 02-13-2014, 10:08 PM
TK5

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEYPRZ1978

I have the same question
Old 02-14-2014, 08:07 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by JOEYPRZ1978
No. This post has nothing to do with vehicle coverage. This only pertains new radios that work with existing solutions.

We are working on an application for the new My Ford equipped vehicles. It will be called FO2 and should launch in the next few months. I will announce it with a separate post. You can also receive updates by registering for a Weblink account on out site and signing up for the newsletter.

Best,
The following users liked this post:
Dunrollin (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks 12V Guy, this is some of the stuff I have been waiting for.

A couple additional questions. Which of the non-nav models will still be capable of showing the additional vehicle information screens like gauges and tire pressure? Any word on release dates of the new HU's?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:48 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Would be nice if Kenwood would find it in their hearts to get the clock displayed on the 2013 models. What's so different between the 2013 and 2014 models that they can't make this possible by updating the firmware for our 2013 models?
Old 02-15-2014, 06:20 AM

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Largefarva
Would be nice if Kenwood would find it in their hearts to get the clock displayed on the 2013 models. What's so different between the 2013 and 2014 models that they can't make this possible by updating the firmware for our 2013 models?
They know I'm *almost* OCD enough to buy a new radio just to get that damnable clock to work.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 AM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4362
They know I'm *almost* OCD enough to buy a new radio just to get that damnable clock to work.
I'm not nearly that OCD, thankfully. lol No way would I buy a new stereo just so I could have the clock display in the sync panel, especially since I'm one of the lucky ones who's nav unit seemingly lost all of it's GPS information for no reason. If I ever get another nav unit I'll have to look at Pioneer or some other brand, Kenwood won't get my business again since apparently the only way to get that information back on my radio is by sending it to one of their services centers. No way am I going to go a month or so without any music in my truck. And since they're trying to dupe us all into buying a new radio just so we can get the clock display....no way will I support Kenwood again.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by hckymeyer
Thanks 12V Guy, this is some of the stuff I have been waiting for.

A couple additional questions. Which of the non-nav models will still be capable of showing the additional vehicle information screens like gauges and tire pressure? Any word on release dates of the new HU's?
Yes, as I said above (please click on the link).

DDX5901HD, DDX7701HD, DDX8901HD - These are new platform AV units with beefed up processors. They have all the features of the 2013 models as listed here: https://www.f150forum.com/f30/maestro...ention-192560/ They have dedicated port for Maestro so you can use both Maestro and SXV200 tuner (same as last year's models).

Cheers,
Old 02-15-2014, 11:14 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by Largefarva
I'm not nearly that OCD, thankfully. lol No way would I buy a new stereo just so I could have the clock display in the sync panel, especially since I'm one of the lucky ones who's nav unit seemingly lost all of it's GPS information for no reason. If I ever get another nav unit I'll have to look at Pioneer or some other brand, Kenwood won't get my business again since apparently the only way to get that information back on my radio is by sending it to one of their services centers. No way am I going to go a month or so without any music in my truck. And since they're trying to dupe us all into buying a new radio just so we can get the clock display....no way will I support Kenwood again.
I'm sorry about your experience with your radio. I can assure you it's not typical. And there is no intention to "dupe" anyone. We at ADS/Maestro work with the radio makers (in this case Kenwood) to improve the capability of the radios each year. There are lots more improvements in 2014, but the one most relevant to F150 owners is the clock output. Many people asked for that so we pushed for it and got it added.

Unfortunately, with all it takes for them to put out new models each year, and with the major changes to processors, hardware and operating systems, it may not be practical to put new features in previous platforms. In some cases what we ask for requires more memory, faster processor, or any number of other things.

We work closely with Kenwood and would just like to remind everyone that they were the first company to see the potential of this idea and partner with us (Maestro) to bring these solutions to you. And every year the radios continue to evolve and get better. I don't think that's a bad thing. Nothing is broken(as far as interfacing with Maestro is concerned) in the 2013 or even the 2012 models. Each year will just be better.

I hope everyone takes this how it's meant. It's just for perspective. FWIW, if you are really unhappy with Kenwood, there will be Alpine models with similar capability this year. Pioneer will have some models as well, but they do not support gauges, vehicle info and other neat features. We are hoping they will add that stuff in 2015. I will detail the other headunit lines in separate posts when they are closer to release.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: 2014 Kenwood Radios and Maestro Ford Solution Update