Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 Amp Install Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 11:10 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2013 Amp Install Questions

Sorry, I know there are several threads on this already, but after doing my research I want to be sure I've got things right. I have a 2013 XLT with the base sound system, the Sync with the small screen. I've installed four Infinity Kappa 682.11cf – 2 ohm speakers. I have a Clarion XC-1410 amp. I plan to use the four high level speaker inputs to connect to my stock HU. I do not plan to install a sub.

1 - are the speaker outputs from the stock HU all high level? It seems I read somewhere that only the front speakers were high level. If this is the case, how would I connect?

2 - the amp has switchable high pass crossover. Any recommendation on the best setting? (flat/90 Hz/60 Hz)

3 - this is a small amp so I'm hoping to install behind or under the dash somewhere to minimize wire runs. Any recommendations?

4 - I plan to cut and splice the factory wires - don't hate me.

5 - can anybody confirm the existence (and color) of the amp turn-on wire for the 2013?

Thanks...Tom
Old 02-06-2016, 01:18 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by strorg
Sorry, I know there are several threads on this already, but after doing my research I want to be sure I've got things right. I have a 2013 XLT with the base sound system, the Sync with the small screen. I've installed four Infinity Kappa 682.11cf – 2 ohm speakers. I have a Clarion XC-1410 amp. I plan to use the four high level speaker inputs to connect to my stock HU. I do not plan to install a sub.

1 - are the speaker outputs from the stock HU all high level? It seems I read somewhere that only the front speakers were high level. If this is the case, how would I connect?

All high level

2 - the amp has switchable high pass crossover. Any recommendation on the best setting? (flat/90 Hz/60 Hz)

flat

3 - this is a small amp so I'm hoping to install behind or under the dash somewhere to minimize wire runs. Any recommendations?

There is room behind the factory HU

4 - I plan to cut and splice the factory wires - don't hate me.

Use the Parrot harness. Plug n Play. I will hate you if you cut and splice

5 - can anybody confirm the existence (and color) of the amp turn-on wire for the 2013?

There isn't one. You need to run one from the fuse box

Thanks...Tom
Good Luck
The following users liked this post:
strorg (02-06-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Good Luck
Thanks for the answers.
Is this the harness? Is this the harness?
Old 02-07-2016, 04:59 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

parrot FOR-CK11
The following users liked this post:
strorg (02-08-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 09:32 AM

Done - and wow, the amp really woke up the Infinity speakers. Since I couldn't go the rest of my life knowing that Wyo11Scab hates me, I used the Parrot FOR-CK11 cable.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:49 PM
First in, Last out.

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Curious as to why you're not planning on running a sub one day? I'm thinking of going the route you did with speakers/amp but was thinking of adding a small sub such as a Kicker Hideaway....
Old 02-13-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Enginner5
Curious as to why you're not planning on running a sub one day? I'm thinking of going the route you did with speakers/amp but was thinking of adding a small sub such as a Kicker Hideaway....
I may add a sub, but currently use every inch of space in the back when we go camping (dog, cat, kid, etc.). I'm really pleased with the amount of bass that my upgrade delivers, especially for the price and ease of install. But I do reserve the right to change my mind!

Quick Reply: 2013 Amp Install Questions