Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

This truck... Wow. New guy here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 04:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This truck... Wow. New guy here.

What's up everyone. Steve here. I made the switch to Ford for my first ever brand new vehicle in 2011, which was an Escape XLT with the Sport Appearance package in tuxedo black. That vehicle by far has blown every GM I owned in the past clean out of the water. It did damn near everything I could ever need it to, but I found myself needing just a little bit more of a truck application. I'm a toy junkie (motorcycle, 3/4 Wheeler, WaveRunner, and snowmobiles) and sadly at times they need to be towed a far distance for me and the lady to play with them. What better way to justify my need to purchase my first ever new pickup?! I remember taking my Escape in to my dealer for some services and seeing all those beautiful 2013-2014 FX2 and FX4s with the black wheels. I was hooked. When the time came naturally I couldn't find a crew cab anywhere for the life of me in the configuration I wanted. I figured I'd be driving all over to find one some 300 miles away. I wound up going to my dealer where I bought my Escape from and went through the showroom. I stopped dead in my tracks and saw what was going to be my new truck. A race red Tremor. She was a leftover and for some reason no one wanted a red one. (Their loss.) I was a little hesitant at first due to the cab size but once I got in it I was sold. I had to get it. I asked the lady and said "what you think?" She replied "Who else we gotta lug along? We got no kids so lets go for it." The rest is history. I just feel a bit like a jerk because she barely ever gets to drive it! Haha.

Anyways- I've been bumming around here as a lurker for a while and I look forward to the fellowship and the expansive wealth of knowledge that this forum has to offer. I will get some pictures up eventually, as of now it's nothing to fancy, just some window tint and a K & N. I plan to install a (quiet) exhaust and looking to investigate a superchips. Inside I am looking into sub options, but that's for another thread.

Cheers!
Old 05-20-2015, 02:14 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony
Old 05-20-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 165 Likes on 117 Posts

Congrats on the new truck! We need pics!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:04 PM
F150 Forum

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome and congrats on F150 ownership!

Let us know if you have any exhaust questions, generally or about our systems, which are made in the USA.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the welcome gents. This truck is killing me I haven't been so excited to mod something since I was like 19 haha.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

ALOT of dealers have TREMORS left over . . .

It doesn't appeal to a lot of people because its a regular cab.

COST scares a lot of people away from it.

But its to the point to where dealers want them off their lots desperately!

Three dealers around here had them (within a 100 mile radius).

One was a black 4x4 (dealer was stuck on selling at invoice--good luck)
One was a race red 4x2 (the one I got).
the last dealer had *FOUR* of them (ouch). black 4x4, white 4x4, blue 4x2, and a black 4x2) -- dealer was stuck on selling at x-plan pricing (to anyone).

The dealer with the race red went back and forth for about a week before we made a deal. I knew I wanted one of them, but price prevailed.

this dealer finally cut his loss. THOUSANDS below invoice, plus 6,000 in rebates . . . makes it a more reasonably priced regular cab pickup (certainly with the load of options it had).

Originally Posted by RedBoost14
I stopped dead in my tracks and saw what was going to be my new truck. A race red Tremor. She was a leftover and for some reason no one wanted a red one. (Their loss.) I was a little hesitant at first due to the cab size but once I got in it I was sold.
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails This truck... Wow. New guy here.-14tremor.jpg  
Old 06-10-2015, 08:21 PM
1996 5.0 SCAB 2WD

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats and welcome! That red tremor would look SICK with some beefy all terrains and some tint!!
Old 02-14-2016, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice rig. Looks like rose valley?

Quick Reply: This truck... Wow. New guy here.