Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking for info and ended up here

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for info and ended up here

I have a 2006 F-150 5.4. I use it for work but like to keep it looking nice. The brake dust on the front tires and wheels is driving me nuts. It sticks like glue and builds up in no time. At least its not black but a copper color. I have been told that ceramic brake pads will really help that problem but I am old enough to know that most everything has a down side. Does anyone have experience with ceramic brake pads on your F-150? Someone said the ceramic pads do not offer the stopping power of metalics.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:49 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!!! First of all I have the same problem as you and it pisses me off that Ford did this and continues to use the metallic pads. When it's time for new pads I'm going to be going with the ceramics no matter what. I've heard that they don't last as long but I could care less because I'm tired of having to scrub my wheels every week when I wash my truck.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:15 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 08-16-2008, 08:45 PM

word up homes. i do have the ceramic semi metallic pads and dont ever have any problems with dust or stopping . the abs will interfere anyway but when i play in snow or wut ever and turns of the abs it stopps very fast. had ford the messy brakes, and are way to much and suck! not sure on prices but used a bissiness account and bought brakes for all 4 wheels for $60 and are lifetime warrenty the pads are called BRAKE BEST=SELECT? im sure theres different ones. i likey dem

Last edited by skidmarks; 08-16-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:45 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Looking for info and ended up here