Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Machine Polising

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Machine Polising

I recently had back surgery so i cant rotate my arms like i use to when i wax my truck. Ive been looking around and cant really afford a decent polisher right now. I looked at this Meguiars DA System. Is this worth the money or not. Open to any suggestions. Ill just be using it to apply wax and maybe some polishing. Also what pads are the best to use. Here is the link to the Meguiars system.
Amazon.com: Meguiar's G3500 DA Power System Tool: Automotive Amazon.com: Meguiar's G3500 DA Power System Tool: Automotive
Old 06-08-2015, 08:07 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Top detailers tell you to NOT go "wax on wax off" like Mister Miagi taught. You should wax in a straight line front to rear of vehicle. This minimizes the possibility of creating swirl marks in your clear coat.

Not familiar with the meguiar DA, but going dual action is key for your polishing and/or waxing.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Paint Polishing Guru

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

get your self a harbor freight DA Polisher to help with spreading the wax, they are cheap and work well for the DIY person. Get two nice foam pads, and your choice of wax. I would look on DetailedImage.com for some pads. http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiar...isc-P971/5-S1/
Old 06-16-2015, 03:40 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I would stongly consider using a Megs 5" backing plate and 5" pads with your new DA
http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiar...ate-P968/5-S2/
Old 06-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Blackout

Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts

Get yourself a quality DA. They're well worth the money, especially if you're interested in polishing and mild paint correction. I have a megs g110v2 and a rupes. Both good machines and no complaints. If you're merely looking for something to apply wax, go with something cheap and with a large backing plate.

Quick Reply: Machine Polising