Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Griots or Surf City leather cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Griots or Surf City leather cleaner

In need of a decent leather care product. Plan on getting leather masters from autogeek soon, but need something in the meantime. They are both readily available near me, but I was curious if anyone has any opinions on which is better
Old 04-30-2015, 08:15 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

cant say whats better but I use groits.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Can't state either, but will ask a question. Leather Masters is your preferred product?

Picked up a 12 screw last fall with leather and want to keep it as immaculate as it is. Also have leather in a Solstice (which is nearly a garage queen). Looking for the best of the best for leather care.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Eco-Mica
cant say whats better but I use groits.

How do you like it? My 05 as black leather, and I am cleaning an 02 Tbird with black and teal leather.

Originally Posted by chickenwire
Can't state either, but will ask a question. Leather Masters is your preferred product?

Picked up a 12 screw last fall with leather and want to keep it as immaculate as it is. Also have leather in a Solstice (which is nearly a garage queen). Looking for the best of the best for leather care.

Yes. I use a sample on a '00 Explorer limited and it was an awesome product. Haven't had to maintain leather since, which is why I am looking to pick something up to hold me over.
The following users liked this post:
chickenwire (04-30-2015)
Old 02-03-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

I use griots also. I learned of a olive oil trick for interior, tho it works well on plastic it was a bit of a pain to spread evenly on the leather and a bit to shiny, so back to griots I go
Old 02-12-2016, 06:59 AM

Adams Polishes or Chemical Guys
Old 03-25-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

A good APC and a soft brush. Today's OEM leather is coated to protect against moisture, UV, and other stuff so most "leather" cleaners and conditioners do little more than a good APC. Anything you put on the seats will likely just sit on top and be wiped away with you cloths and general use.

Not saying nothing works though... But I don't use special leather products unless it is on top notch leathers.

I just wipe on Mothers VLR and buff it off because I'm paranoid and have a OCD to "protect" my interior. A "Just in case" habit.

Now, I've never touched a King Ranch leather seat so I don't know about them...

Quick Reply: Griots or Surf City leather cleaner