Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Blackfire WHIPLASH!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackfire WHIPLASH!

I used the Blackfire care products over the weekend on my 2014 and thought I'd post my results. For those of you that have white, its really hard to make it pop as opposed to black or darker shaded colors. I think I achieved that and created WHIPLASH, as the Blackfire slogan says. LOL.

Products used (Glen E Method):

Wash w/ Dawn, two bucket method to strip any existing wax off
Nanoskin sponge to remove embedded paint contaminants
Griots Garage 6" Dual Action Polisher (w/ 5" Backing Plate)
Griots Garage 3" Dual Actions Polisher
Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish w/ 5.5" LC White Flat Pad (3" LC White Flat for tight spots)
Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection w/ 5.5" LC Blue Flat Pad (3" LC Blue Flat for tight spots)
Blackfire Crystal Seal - 2 Coats
Attached Thumbnails Blackfire WHIPLASH!-img_6910.jpg   Blackfire WHIPLASH!-img_6912.jpg  
Old 06-23-2016, 11:57 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Hmmmm. Mine is past due for a wash after my full detail a couple weeks ago. I need to check and see how it stacks up against yours. Looks great!
The following users liked this post:
MikeD@F150 (06-23-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 02:25 PM

Thanks chickenwire!

I'd be interested in seeing what you used and most of all, pics of your truck.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:42 PM

Received 645 Likes on 352 Posts

That looks like it took a Looooong time to accomplish. Love it when you get it back to that "straight out' the showroom" look. Truck looks great!
The following users liked this post:
MikeD@F150 (06-23-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny_bravo00
That looks like it took a Looooong time to accomplish. Love it when you get it back to that "straight out' the showroom" look. Truck looks great!
You're right about that! Especially since I let the BFWD cure for 6 hours prior to the BFCS. However, the BFCS took only 15 mins to do but then waited another 3 hours before the 2nd coat. Truly just wiped on and walk away! Sooooooo it did it take up pretty much my entire weekend. No to mention the breaks that I need to take due to the boiling heat index in Houston. I agree with you but believe it looks better than "straight out" the showroom look. When I clay barred the truck less than a month after I took delivery, it's amazing how dirty the paint was with iron deposits and other industrial fallout! Was scared to clay it cause it was so new but sure was glad that I did afterwards! Thanks!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:00 PM

I hope theres no rain or pollen in the following days.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:23 PM

I hope theres no rain or pollen in the following days.
Luckily, I've missed the scattered t-storms in the area since then. No pollen or dust attracting issues yet. Out of curiosity, why would you say that?
Old 06-24-2016, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by MikeD@F150
Luckily, I've missed the scattered t-storms in the area since then. No pollen or dust attracting issues yet. Out of curiosity, why would you say that?
LOL, Not to jinx you or anything. Just seems like every time I detail my truck, A storm will blow out of nowhere and douse my truck or ill come out to a pollen covered truck (although the pollen seems to be calming now).
Old 06-24-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Agreed on the "better than showroom" appearance. One of the other detailing gurus referenced the "dealer installed swirls" option that many people end up with.

I've been using the typical wash, clay, polish, seal approach. Meguiars mirror glaze #83 and Lake County pads usually for the polishing. Klasse paint sealant for the final coat. I want to try some of the other products that others on the forum like, but can't bring myself to spend even MORE money on detailing products until I use up some of what I've already purchased.

Pollen in W. Michigan was BRUTAL a few weeks ago! I had the F150 all set for sealant on a Saturday night when I was too tired to finish so I closed up the garage and called it a night. The next morning it was covered in yellow pollen. Yeah, it had been windy and apparently a ton of that stuff was airborne when I closed the garage. Fortunately it blew right off so I was able to apply sealant with minimal work beforehand.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:55 PM

LOL, Not to jinx you or anything. Just seems like every time I detail my truck, A storm will blow out of nowhere and douse my truck or ill come out to a pollen covered truck (although the pollen seems to be calming now).
Ah, gotcha. That was a fear of mine as well. Not only have to plan ahead for the time it takes but have to factor in weather conditions as well.

Quick Reply: Blackfire WHIPLASH!